Chapter 3: A voice

I run out of the library with my books, i go to my locker and pick up books for my next class which wasn't anytime soon.

I was really getting worried.

Why am I hearing voices??And I don't think others can hear them.

Am walking down the corridors when I see my long time rival, Bethany.

You can say she's the type that thinks she is better than everyone and everyone should love, obey and adore her.

But I didn't fall for her charming smile and nice looks. She was like a devil inside, she hated my guts and I hated hers.

She wasn't particularly my friend cause I was smart, popular in a way cause of all the awards I have gotten.

Always trying to find ways to show that I cheated, and she is the best liar on planet Earth. That I can give to her.

"Hey Asher"

"Hey Bethany"

"So are you part of the quiz coming up"

"Of course I am"

"Well let me tell you something"

She leans closer in a way that only me and her can hear.

"Am gonna whoop your ass at that competition"

"Am waiting Bethany, hit me with your best shot"

We are glaring at each other as always and we are both of the same height. So no one is oppressed.

We break our glare and walk away from each other.

Thankfully, the bell rings meaning I had a class. Chloe came out of her classroom.

"Asher wait up"

"Hey girl, how was class"

"Boring as ever, History class can never end"

"Hey have you been hearing voices lately"

"No, why did you ask"

"I have been hearing strange voices"

" Hmmmm maybe the school is haunted"

"Yea its kinda bothering me'

"Don't think about it, my grandma said when you hear strange voices it means good luck"

"Seriously"

"Yea, that woman can say crazy stuff"

She says while rolling her eyes, we laugh and I wave goodbye before heading to Geography.

I enter the class and see my teacher glaring at me while all eyes are on me.

"Asher why are you late??"

"Sorry Sir I was busy"

"Doing what"

"Reading" I lied

It was a half lie, actually.

"Good!! But that isn't an excuse be early next time"

"Yes sir"

"Am only letting you off without detention because of your clean grade"

"Thank you sir"

I can always count on my clean record to save my ass. I hop to the last seat where my seat mate for Geometry is, Lois.

"Asher late huh, that's very new"

"I was busy can't blame me"

"So have you started your project"

"Damn!!! I haven't"

"Well you should cause the deadline is really close"

"I hope I can figure something before then"

Soon the bell rings and I go the cafetaria where I see Chloe, Daniel and Emily.

Emily is my second Bestie. A nice person with a nice heart. Doesn't really have any flaws and can be too nice.

Daniel is my guy, we do a lot of stuff together and he's always there when I need someone to talk to. Also really troublesome and annoying sometimes. And Chloe's soon to be boyfriend.

Don't tell her i said that

I sit beside them and we are talking about classes

"History was boring"

"Am sure it was nothing compared to Literature"

"Hey isn't literature suppose to be art which means fun, fun, fun.

"Yea but she wanted to spice it up well that's what she called it"

"Made the class really boring huh"

"She spiced it down down down"

"But I can't wait till Gym class"

"Wanna join the football team again"

"Yep and this time am surely gonna get in"

"Good luck and don't break a bone this time"

"Hey I didn't break it, just twisted"

"Whatever just be careful"

They ring the bell again and am relieved this is the last period. Me and Chloe are going together cause we both have this class.

Just then, my eyes fell on Mike. Mike Steward, the cutest, nicest and most popular boy in the school. Captain of our school's football team.

My long time crush, we have been in this school for years together but I really wonder if he has ever noticed me.

We only talked like a few hellos and hi's here and there. Only if he knew my feelings for him.

"Girl you are doing it again"

"What??"

"Drooling over Mike duh"

"I am not"

"When are you gonna tell that guy how you feel"

"Never"

"Seriously"

"Yes, I don't have the guts"

"Well stop drooling over him when you aren't gonna tell him"

"Okay let's stop talking about this and go to class"

Chloe rolls her eyes at me and murmurs about how I can act like a chicken when it came to boys.

So who thinks those voices are getting us somewhere. And if you are hearing voices go meet a doctor, don't mind Chloe's great sense of humor

Just saying crazy stuff, hope you can tag along till the end.

Drop a vote and comment.Love ya and stay safe