Chapter 23: Work

For another hour we have been raising objects of our different sources. Matilda was able to raise liquid materials or substances, including substances in bottles or objects. Jayden could on and off fire tourches. Drake could lift up earthly materials like stones and rocks.

Luckily, I can raise any thing whatsoever because I have the power of the wind. Now I am very good at lifting objects after some more training with Sasha. Now I am lifting a book and a pen in the air, writing on the book with the pen in the air. I write something and pass it to Drake.

When he reads it, he glares at me. I just stick my tongue out and bring the book back to me. Written on it was hey jerk do you know you lift rocks like a girl, I bet I can lift that rock higher. He strolls towards me still lifting the large rock in the air.

"Well Food Goddess if you think you can lift it higher here you go"

He says with a smirk and drops the rock. Showing that I should lift it up. I gulp my saliva, I was good at lifting things but not things that huge. Maybe I should have thought twice before passing that. But I never back out of a fight.

I stretch my fingers trying to raise the large stone. My fingers already aching as it separates from the ground by some inches. I try to raise it higher but then my hands start getting numb. I continue trying and I knew my hands were going to give in soon. I continue looking normal like I didn't know I was probably going to faint soon.

Then I hear a voice that saved me "What are you guys doing??" Ray asks

I drop the rock immediately while smirking at Drake in victory. But he shrugs his shoulders.

"It wasn't higher than mine" He states

"Ray didn't give me enough time" I say

"I didn't give enough time for what??" Ray asks

"Nothing" Drake says and scoffs before walking to where he was

I continue lifting objects in the air when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Matilda with her head bowed and looking shy.

"Hey Matilda" I say

"Hi Asher" She replies

"So what do you need??" I ask

"I just wanted to talk to someone and also......."

Before she could finish what she was about to say, I hear her stomach rumble. I chuckle and she drops her head, her cheeks red from embarrassment

"And you wanna eat something??" I say with a smile

"Yes" She says shyly

"It's okay, let's go"

We sneak out before Ray calls us back and I lead her to the lunch place. She orders some food while I just got some snacks. She begins devouring her food and I chuckle at how she eats. She looks at me with her face stuffed with food.

"What!!!! Wait I am eating horribly aren't I??" She says her cheeks red

"Nooo you are better than me at eating, trust me. And you like to blush huh" I say

"Emmm ok and I don't know, maybe" She says

"Hmmmm you know we should be friends since we are in all of this together" I say

"Yes we should" She says with a smile

"Ok wanna play a game but I mean with your face stuffed with food......." I start ranting

"We can play your game Asher" She says while smiling

"Ok we are playing 20 questions" I say

"Ok"

"So tell me about yourself" I start

And that's how we end up talking about ourselves until we are on our way to the training room. I found a lot of things about her. Her name is Matilda Jacobs, she is 17 just like me. She is the last born in a family of five. Her favorite color is pink, her favorite snack is peanuts, her favorite sport is skipping. And many other things, obviously she is shy.

We enter the training room and Ray glares at us. We quickly rush to our training spots and I take a peek at my wrist watch. It beeped 4:00pm. Chloe's party!!!!

"Ray and Sasha please I have to go" I say almost reaching the door

"Why??" Ray asks

Because if I don't I am going to destroy 7 years of friendship, and Chloe is probably going to kill me and never forgive me.

"It's just very important" I say

"Fine but make sure you are here soon" Ray says

"I will try" I say but as I am about to go I remember something
"Ooo and Ray all our food has been on you"

"What!!!!!!!!!!" Ray yells

I quickly picture my room and teleport before Ray kills me. I land in my room which was the same as when I left. I open my phone which I switched off because of Ray complaining about how it was distracting me.

I see five missed calls and some texts from Chloe. I didn't bother to open them, I just entered my bathroom and had a quick bath. Thankfully, I had already picked a cloth before I left. I slip on my blue crop top that had GIRLS RULE written on it.

Then wore my black jeans which  had torn patches on it. Chloe forced me to buy this, I mean buying torn clothes. I carry my long hand emoji bag, stuff my things inside which were mainly my phone, earpiece and my lollipop. I don't like chewing gums that much just once in a while.

I rush downstairs after putting a cute bow on my head. My hair was curly at the tips but straight from the top. I lock up and start my walk to Chloe's house. I checked my time and it beeped 5:10pm. And that's how I started running instead.

Hey guys, I always play 20 questions when I make new friends. You always learn new and exciting things about people. Some things about to happen at the party.

Hope you can tag along till the end, drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe.