Chapter 15: Agree

I look around and what I see is horrible, lightning strikes everywhere almost blinding. Men fighting each other while women and children hid. It was disastrous, weird ice shaped daggers on the floor. People screaming in pain and a blinding light ahead.

It looked like this was a small village, but now it looks like it had been burned to the grain. It was awful. My eyes roam around as I stand up and look around. Why am I here?? I should have been teleported to The Heavens Dome?? Where is Sasha and Ray?? Where are the others?? What's going on??

While all these questions are going round my head, my eyes caught a little girl on the floor. She looked frightened, I follow her line of sight and I see a building slowly begin to crumble. It was going to fall apart soon, as if my mind was read. A large chunk of the building pulled away from it and was heading straight for the girl.

Her eyes widen in fear and she let out a scream for help. I look at her situation frightened and scared, I didn't know what to do but I had to do something. Going to save her wasn't going to be a wise decision because I will also get hit. I was confused and scared.

I look at her one more time, the part of the building coming closer by every second. I hear her scream for help again, and then it was like something inside me snapped. I had to save her. I hear the voice again.

Asher protect! Asher protect!!

I close my eyes and extend my hand according to instinct. I felt a wave of energy and power wash over me, I drag my hand back. After that it was like all energy inside me was gone, I was drained. I open my eyes and in front of me was the little girl, looking at me with her little eyes confused and shocked.

The exact same way I felt, wasn't she just there?? It wasn't me that brought her here, who did?? How is she here?? Is she okay??.

"Are you okay??" I asked

She didn't give an answer and just continued staring at me, a woman and a man run towards our direction. They scoop her up and embrace her, her parents probably. Soon, they divert their attention towards me.

"Thank you Wind Goddess" The Man said

"Thank you for saving our daughter" The Woman said

"You are truly our protector, thank the Heavens for bringing you back" The man added

I look at them confused as they walk away. The little girl was on her father's back enjoying a piggyback ride. She waved towards me and smiled. What was that about?? I didn't save her, someone did but it wasn't me. And I am not a Wind Goddess or whatever.

I look around confused feeling weak, I couldn't stand up but I tried to get on my feet. As I struggle, I hear a familiar voice.

"Asher"

I turn around to see Ray standing there looking handsome and muscular. He wore some sort of armour, the kind you see in movies. His hair scattered and his sharp jaw standing out.

"Ray what am I doing here?? What's going on??"

"Asher you shouldn't be here"

"I know that's why......"

I feel myself getting weaker as I struggle to get up and soon the only thing I remember is Ray shouting my name and running to catch me. And then, everything goes black.

****************

I open my eyes weakly to see myself in the same room I was as last time. It looked beautiful, the windows were pulled open and I could hear the birds chirping. I slowly get off the bed and memories of everything that happened began flooding back.

Where's Ray?? He has serious explaining to do. I had energy and didn't feel weak at all, it was like what happened before wasn't there. Luckily, this time they weren't guards. I sneak out of the room and wonder around, until I hear voices and I see Ray, Sasha, Queen Francisca and King Judah talking.

"How could this happen??" King Judah asked

"We don't know, she wasn't supposed to be there" Sasha said

"I was fighting off a group of men when I saw a little girl in need of saving. I began running towards her when I saw her being pulled up and raised to a safe area. She wasn't carried, it was like gravity pulled her up" Ray said

"It was Asher right??" King Judah said

"Yes!!! Her powers must have kicked in at that moment. Her Goddess instinct to protect" Sasha said

"I hope she is okay" Queen Francisca asked worriedly

"She is fine, she is just drained" Ray said

"This is why we need them, they have more capability to save their people than us. They have the natural urge to protect their people. We have to train them and make them understand, or else more attacks like those of today will happen. And we won't be able to protect everyone" King Judah said

At that moment, I coughed and entered the room. They looked at me shocked, anxiety and worry written all over their faces.

"Asher you are......." Sasha started

"I heard everything and what do I have to do??" I ask with determination.

Hey guys, guess what this means. Asher accepts to help and join whatever this is. You can picture Asher as a super hero wearing a cape and her hair flying. Hehehe. We are heading to interesting points people. I am super excited Asher accepted, time to start the main story. Are you happy Asher agreed to help??

And today is my birthday, so all my silent readers vote and comment. At least for my birthday's sake. My exams have also ended, a break actually. And I will update a lot next week. I love you guys, thanks. And a happy birthday to me

Hope you can tag along till the end, drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe.