Chapter 8: The necklace

I look at at Chloe and decide that I should say the truth. She is my Bestie and keeping secrets from her isn't a good idea, cause am gonna get busted for sure.

"Chloe, I got kinda kidnapped and I went to this place called the Heavens Dome. There were 4 people and they were talking about kingdoms and war. They said  something about......"

As am talking and telling her about everything, she bursts into laughter. Cutting me off and am just staring at her.

"Asher seriously"

"Am serious"

"If you don't wanna tell me that bad, I can give you time"

"But..."

"Am sure you were secretly going to check Mike out"

"What!! No"

"Yea right"

So much for saying the truth!!!

The bus stops and we all hop down, walking through the halls. I look at my timetable and frown when I see what am having

"Ooo no I have gym class"

"I don't know why you hate that class so much"

"You said it yourself, am not an athlete"

"Well you better get your ass there and avoid getting hit"

"Trust me, am gonna be the first"

I enter gym class and our Ass. coach, Miss. Bridget splits us into two teams consisting of ten.

Immediately, they blow the whistle. I carry the ball and start looking for who to hit first, but soon I see a ball heading towards my face.

I quickly dodge the ball, I glare at the other team members looking for who threw the ball when I see an evil smirk on Bethany's face.

Of course!!! That bitch

I pick up a ball and throw it at her head, she dodges and she throws another at me. It was like every other player had disappeared and it was just me and her throwing balls at each other.

I really wanted to hit that girl hard and make her go to the nurse's office or better, the hospital.

Lois notices and tells me to forget about her and watch out. Soon the game is over, I lasted for a long time. The 4th person to be hit out of 10.

We did some push ups and sit ups before the bell rang and we walk out of the gym. Daniel and some boys are jogging in our school fields.

Probably doing try outs to join the football team

I wave at him and give him a thumbs up, he smiles and waves back. I run to meet up with Lois.

"Asher calm down"

"Sorry, I was running to catch up"

"Am sorry I wasn't around to walk home with you"

"No problem, so I have decided to get pictures of places and their history for my geography project"

"Cool, I am drawing a map showing different countries and states"

"Let's hope it can get us an A+"

"For sure"

"Bye, I am going to the cafetaria"

"OK bye see ya"

I walk to the cafetaria and see Emily sitting all by herself.

"Hey girl"

"Asher what's up'

"Nothing much"

"Daniel and Chloe haven't come out huh"

"Yea Daniel is trying out and Chloe is in the principal's office"

"What?? Why??"

"She didn't do anything wrong, the principal wants to send a message to her mom"

"Phew!!! I thought she was in trouble"

While we are still talking about classes, I see Mike walk into the cafetaria with his two buddies behind him as usual.

Girls flaunting all over him, he always emits so much masculinity, power and handsomeness.

Just then, Bethany walks up to him and starts talking, he stares at her just watching as she talks. Not saying a word.

She sits down with them, not asking for permission am guessing. She continues talking and gets extremely close to him.

She puts her hand on his and brings her body close to his, she continues blabbing and still he doesn't say a thing

I feel disgusted and angry just watching her talk to him. My face getting red from anger.

"Asher calm down, you are gonna break your pen"

"Am not"

"Mmmhhmmm"

"Don't you think its so shameful how Bethany acts around Mike"

"Asher you are just reacting because you have a crush on Mike"

"Yea but still"

"Girl, that's how every girl will act around The Mike Steward"

"Every girl but me"

"Yea right"

I glare at her and she chuckles, Daniel and Chloe sit beside us with their snacks.

Daniel made the Football team, we congratulated him and Emily talked about how she knew he could do it.

Note: She said he was going to flop and play like a chicken

Soon, the whole day is over and I decide to take the bus to avoid what happened last time.

While am in the bus, I remember the necklace. It hadn't crossed my mind for the whole day. I bring it out and stare at it. It was a beautiful necklace with strange engravings.

Its a pity I have to throw it away!!!

Just as I am about to throw it  away, I hear the voice again.

Asher! Asher!! Asher!!!

I retract my hand with the necklace in it, pressing my hands to my ears hoping it will make the noise stop.

Chloe stares at me with worry all over her face

"Asher are you okay??"

"Yes am fine"

A big fat lie!!! My head is still banging from that voice.

"What's that??"

She points to the necklace dangling from my hand.

If you saw your arch nemesis in your school with your crush. All over him/her like Bethany, what will you do??

Hope you can tag along till the end, Drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe