Chapter 4: Curiosity

The bell rings and I drag my feet across the ground out of class. Chloe was beside me and looked equally exhausted.

What a long day!!!

"Asher are you using the bus today"

"No I will rather walk home"

"Ooo sorry I can't go with you, my mom needs me home early today"

"OK no p, I can walk home with Lois"

"OK see ya later"

"See ya bye"

I hang around waiting to see if Lois comes out, I wasn't really a fan of walking home myself.

I always walked with my friends, I just felt unsafe without someone with me sometimes.

I wait for some time and when I don't see her, I give up and decide to head home by myself.

I was about leaving the school premises when a car drives up beside me, without peeping through the glass I knew it was my Math teacher.

Students can't bring cars, only teachers and his car was voted last year as worst car of the year by students but he still drove round school proudly with it.

He probably doesn't know

"Asher how are you??"

"Fine Mr. Maxwell"

"Are you heading home"

"Yes sir"

"Can I give you a lift??"

"No, thank you sir I am fine"

I tried to sound like a good girl whose parents told her not to accept rides from strangers.

But the truth was, it will be too shameful to sit in that thing with him.

"OK I just wanted to tell you about the Inter state Math quiz coming up"

"Yes I have heard of it"

"The school thinks you should be part of the students going"

"Wow thank you Mr. Maxwell"

"No worries you are our best student, if you are not there. Who will be"

"Thanks again, can't wait"

"OK bye"

He drives away and I sigh. It wasn't much of a surprise. I expected it but I was really getting tired.

Don't get me wrong, I loved going for competitions and whooping peoples ass. But I had a lot on me right now. I haven't started my Geography project.

How am I gonna squeeze it all in

I start my walk towards my house when I hear that voice again

Asher! Asher!! Asher!!!

This cannot be happening. I continue walking trying to avoid it.

But it grows louder and my head is banging. And while am feeling all dizzy, someone dragged me and knocked me out.

I didn't know who but the only thing I remembered was how everything turned black.

After some hours, I sluggishly opened my eyes and what I see is tremendous.

A big large room with long windows, a pink coloured desk with a mirror by the side. The walls were coloured pink and purple. It looked magnificent.

Every girls dream room!!

At the back of my bed, I see a large picture, probably a painting and there's a baby on it.

I looked closer, and what i saw shocked me. It was me!!!. I could recognise my baby self cause I had seen it a million times because of my parents.

I really wanted to know where I am now. I peep out of the room and I see two huge and hefty men by the door.

Damn!! How am I gonna get out now.

I decide to use a move I saw in a movie. I looked around for a bathroom. After searching for a while in the large room, I finally found it.

I put on the golden tap and sprinkled water on my face, it trickled down my face and it looked like I had been crying.

Perfect!!!

I walk out of the room sobbing, the men turned back to look at me. I was crying like a little girl who just lost her candy.

The men looked confused and were staring at me, while they are looking at each other and thinking of what to do.

I decide to make a run for it but I underestimated the men's strength because they quickly dragged me back.

And I started yelling and asking them to let me go. While am talking and yelling like a crazy woman,a man walks over to us.

He tells the guards to let me go and I glare at them as they leave. He takes my hand and leads me somewhere.

Throughout our walk to wherever he was taking me to, I didn't say anything.

I don't know why I will follow a random stranger but I just felt like I will be fine with him there.

Why am I feeling this way towards a stranger?? Or maybe because he looks old and won't harm me.

We arrive at a big room, way bigger than the other one. Finally, I managed to pull myself together and say something.

"Where am I ??"

"Home"

If you wake up in your dream room, what will you do??

I will scream out of excitement, faint and wake up to my old room*laughter*. Hope you can tag along till the end.

Drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe