Chapter 17: Training

We are back in the castle and in the room with King Judah. He leads us to the room filled with scrolls and sacred information. I wanted to be part of this but I still had a lot of questions.

"Emmm King Judah can I ask you a question??" I said

"Yes Asher"

"Did you really mean it when you said we had parents here??"

"Yes"

"How is that possible?"

"You were born like normal children of this world but you were transferred to the mortal world"

"I don't understand"

"Your spirit was transferred to the womb of your earthly mother. Your parents had to give you up because you were chosen, it was hard but they had to let you go because they couldn't guarantee your safety"

"So it's like I have two parents"

"Yes but sadly your parents died in the war. They were great warriors who tried to protect their own, but we lost them"

"Okay I see"

I was relieved in a way that my mom and dad were still my mom and dad. But my mind drifted to how my parents were?? What they were like?? What it would have been like if they were alive?? If I lived here?? How a person's spirit could be transferred?? But I hid those questions behind me.

"So when are we going to start this??" Jayden says

"Now" Ray says with an excited look

"You all have your sources inside of you and you can turn it into different forms. Your powers kick in due to instinct or a high and powerful emotion. Asher's has already kicked in" Ray says with a grin

I look away in embarrassment over how my powers came in first. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed but I didn't want to look like some hero, I wanted us to learn together.

We are lead to an open field, nobody was in sight. You could feel the wind blowing widely and I felt the urge to run around. Fire tourches were around the field and a stream by the side and huge. It looked beautiful and peaceful.

"You will have to master your abilities and let them fill you" Ray says

"Asher and Matilda come with me" Sasha says

"Jayden and Drake with me" Ray says

But before we go, I call Ray's name wanting to ask a question I have been meaning to ask.

"You said the other Gods and Goddesses were there"

"Yes"

"Who are they exactly?"

"Max of the Power Kingdom, Layla of the Ice Kingdom, Jace of the Lightning Kingdom and Tehilla of the Light Kingdom." As he says their names, I see a flash of hate in his eyes before it disappears

"Okay thank you"

Sasha leads us to the opposite side of the large field close to the falling stream and where the wind is strongest.

"You guys are going to start defending your people. Now I need you to key into an emotion. Anger, happiness, sadness whatsoever, key into it"

"This is gonna be harder than I thought" Matilda murmurs

"Ok let's say picture something you remember made you feel this emotion intensely"

After what she says, I remember that chunk pulling out of the building heading for that girl. Fear and Anger overwhelming me, I feel everywhere getting windy. My hair scattering and my clothes flying.

"Asher continue key into it" Sasha shouts. Barely hearing her I continue feeling intense rage just thinking of what would have happened if I was too late.

"Now Asher open your eyes" Sasha says

I slowly open my eyes and the trees are flying wildly, threatening to pull out of the soil. The water flowing intensely, it looked wild. I calm down and everything stops.

"Asher that was amazing" Matilda says

"Thanks but I don't really know how I did it" I say

"You keyed into your emotion" Sasha says "Alright Matilda let's make yours appear"

"Ok" Matilda nods

"Asher continue practicing and soon you will be flying"

"Oh My Gosh!! I can fly"

"Yep, you have the wind power"

She winks and walks away. I look at them walk off but I decide to walk around. So snicking around, I watch Jayden and Drake practice.

"Key into your emotion, Asher just did her's. Don't let the girls be better than you. Key into it" Ray shouts

I chuckle, I guess I was getting a lot of praise for getting my powers first. But soon my thoughts are interrupted when I feel the ground shaking, it felt like it was about to crumble.

I look at them confused before I notice Drake, his hands fisted and he looked like he was full of rage. Rocks flying upwards and flinging around. Soon, the fire tourches begin to blaze upwards shining furiously. It looked like a roaring lion spreading round the field, looking for who to devour. Jayden keyed in.

I didn't even want to go close scared that I will get burnt or end up having serious headache due to a rock in my face. I rush back to where I, Matilda and Sasha were. I see the stream water forming into different shapes and forms, Matilda had also keyed in.

Soon, the lesson ends and we go outside ready to leave. Exhausted and tired we drag ourselves, I practiced more and beads of sweat were dropping. I was really tired.

"You guys are fast learners" Ray says

"Yes, keep this up and we will be ready in no time" Sasha says

"Ok get yourselves out of here" Ray says

I concentrate on my necklace and land in front of my house, I open the door and slip in. My parents are asleep on the couch with the TV on. I land on my bed and head straight to dream land.

Hey guys, training has started and they have all keyed into their powers. I tried to describe how it was and how cool it looked. I hope I tried. And I know this chapter might have been long, forgive your humble author*one knee on the floor with my head bowed*

Hope you can tag along till the end, drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe