Chapter 32: Winning

We walk up to the stage, my body shaking as the stage lights hit my eyes and I squint. I sit down and stare at the other school, Gracious Academy. They were three boys and two girls. They looked calculated and worst of all, they wore glasses. Now my crazy imagination from when I was a kid was coming to haunt me.

"We have East High Hayward School and Gracious Academy. We will start with East High for this match up" The man shouts

"x² + 7x + 10" The questionnaire says

"(x+2) (x+5)" I shout

"Correct" The questionnaire says

"Guys we have to take note of their questions" Amelia says

"Yeah then maybe we can get bonus marks from them" Sam says

"Ok" We all say

"To Gracious Academy, x² - 11x +24" The questionnaire says

"(x-8) (x-3)" A girl shouts from the school

They are actually good, but if we are going to win this. We will have to find an edge. We have to make sure we don't loose any question and hope they do. Ok I know we might look mean, but that was the only way to win. We continue answering our questions smartly, not failing anyone. And then, boom we had an edge.

"To Gracious Academy. 3b+ 5a= 11, 2b- a= 3. Find a and b"

They immediately get to work. I reluctantly solve the question cause so far they had not missed a single one. Soon, I have my answer. I look towards their team and see they are still solving. Unknowingly, a smile crawls up my face. Yes!!!! This is our edge. Soon the buzzer is heard.

"Bonus Question to East High Hayward School" The questionnaire shouts

"A= 1, B= 2" I shout

"Correct" The questionnaire shouts

Our students erupts into cheers, clapping. They probably also knew this was our edge, with this we might be able to win. My teammates smile at me understanding I didn't ask for their consideration cause I was under pressure. I smile back.

"Alright, at the end of this match. Our winner is East High Hayward School" The man says at the end

The lights shine on us and I feel a huge weight lifted off our chests. Everyone was clapping as we walk down the stage. Mr. Maxwell patting us on the back and telling us how we did well as we sit down. Phew!!! It wasn't actually easy to beat that school. It's that bonus mark that really saved us.

In this competition, they are four sections. And we just passed the first, where five schools scale through. Rosary High School, Trinity International School, St. John Elementary School, Lavogue  International School and East High Hayward.

After a five minutes break, the second section began. In this section, Rosary High School and St. John Elementary School had a match where Rosary High School came out as the winners. Also, we took on Trinity International School. Where we came out victorious, no bragging but we kinda crushed them. At the end of this section, it was down to Rosary High School, Lavogue International School and East High Hayward School.

In the third section, we didn't have a match. Which meant we made it to the finals. Right now, it was Rosary High School and Lavogue International School. Rosary High had made an impression on me of being very competitive and smart. I had not seen Lavogue in action cause I went to grab some snacks. So I expected Rosary High to win this match.

But it was the direct opposite, Lavogue flushed Rosary High. Like I mean flushed them down the toilet. I was so shocked. Then I recognize them as the school that had arrogant smirks on their faces. Every single opportunity they got to get an advantage over Rosary High. They used it potentially.