To Be Legends

[Chapter 42]

"Sara, Jefferson and I will go to 1975, Rip and Carter will go to 2021, and Isabelle, Ray, and Mick will go to 1958," Stein said.

"Whatttt? I want to go with Sara," I whine.

"My god, it's uncanny," Rip said.

"What's uncanny?" I ask.

"That fact that you sound exactly like a whiny, angsty teenager," Rip said. I pout in response.

"You must go with Ray and Mick just to make sure everything goes according to plan," Stein replies.

"So I'm back up?" I ask incredulously.

"No, you're our insurance plan," Stein contradicts.

"So back up," I summarize in a groan.

"Should I be offended that Stein is more confident in 15-year old Isabelle than Mick and I to get the job done?" Ray asks.

"Well I'm a little more competent," I say and Ray shoots me a glare. "I'm kidding. Let's just go. I'm aching to give Savage the beat down he deserves.

***

"When can I kill him?" Mick asks.

"We have to wait for the meteor to go critical," Ray replies.

"When's that?" I ask, skipping around whilst Ray and Mick were literally power walking down the street.

"When he starts the ritual in all three time periods," Ray explains. "Would you stop skipping? God, teenagers."

I stop skipping when I see Savage doing some weird voodoo shit over the meteor and starts chanting.

"I think he's doing it," I gesture toward the ritual. "I think that's our cue."

An ear piercing screech came from behind us and we whipped around to come face to face with Savage's freaky bird experiments.

"Really? These guys again?" Ray asks as Mick and I race toward Savage.

Mick lands the first punch which interrupts Savage's chanting.

I come up behind him and sweep Savage's legs out from under him. He falls to the ground with a pained grunt and I smirk at how simple it was to take him down.

But Savage gets back up, only for Mick to punch him repeatedly in the face. Then it's my turn and I give him a good kill in the balls. Savage falls to the ground only for me to pull him up by his shirt. Blood was leaking down his nose and was in between his teeth. I sneer in his face.

"Pity to have come so close, yet fall so far," I spat. "I'll be seeing you in hell and you will come to fear that day."

I toss Savage to the ground and give Mick a nod. We both watch Savage's body go up in flames when we notice an ominous blue glowing coming from the meteor.

"Do something, RoboCop," Mick tells Ray.

"I'm on it. I've got a little trick I've been working on," Ray points his hand toward the meteor that is spewing unnatural energy from it and shoots a ray of red light at it.

I watch in amazement, (don't ever tell Ray that), as the meteor shrinks and explodes in a puff of smoke.

"Cute," I snort.

"Thanks, reminds me of you," Ray says and I punch him in the shoulder.

"I'm not that short!" I throw my hands up in the air in exasperation as we get into the jumpship and head to 2021.