I'll Do My Best

[Chapter 30]

"Feel okay?" I ask Leonard.

"I'm fine," Leonard smiles and grabs my hand as we wander around the Waverider. "Stop worrying about me and worry about yourself."

I smile back at him. 

"I'm not worried about little me. I can handle myself," I say.

"Then why are you worrying about me?" Leonard asks.

"Because I've haven't felt this way about anyone in a long time and I don't want to lose you," I say quietly.

"You're not going to lose me," Leonard replies softly.

"Unless your dumbass gets yourself killed," I say.

"Hey-" Leonard starts to defend himself but is cut off by Rip.

"Isabelle, you need to go suit up now. The Pilgrim is targeting Mr. Palmer as we speak in 2014 and we may need your assistance," Rip explains, walking quickly to the bridge. I could tell on his face that he noticed me and Leonard's hands interlocked but he doesn't say anything about it.

"Wish me luck," I say as I start to walk away to suit up.

"Good luck. But your dumbass probably won't need it," Leonard pulls me back and kisses me softly.

***

***

Firestorm, Rip, and I bust in at Palmer Tech just before the Pilgrim was going to finish off Ray. I come in through the windows the right of the Pilgrim and Firestorm breaks through the roof on the right of the Pilgrim.

Firestorm tried to blast the Pilgrim but she shoots out her and freezes Firestorm in time.

"We need to get you to cover," Rip tells 2014 Ray.

"What is that thing? Who is she? Who are they? Who are you?" Ray asks frantically.

The Pilgrim then blasts Firestorm and his fire blast backward.

"No time to explain!" Rip yells and tried to help Ray get to cover.

The Pilgrim fires at them, causing them to fall and for Ray to receive even more body damage.

I jump in between them and Pilgrim before she could get another shot at them. My eyes flash wildly violet but considering what happened to Firestorm, maybe using my powers would be useless. I grab three knives and launch them toward the Pilgrim. While she was distracted with deflecting them, I leap toward her and try to punch her. She deflects my punch and puts away her laser gun, knowing that it can't do anything to me.

Her fist comes flying at me but I catch it in my hand and twist her arm. She flips over me and trips me, causing me to fall on the ground. I roll to the side to avoid her hit and use the air element to push her off of me.