I Think I Know What We Can Use To Kill Savage

[Chapter 32]

When we jump out of the timestream into London 2166, we are hit by ammo and bombs. Explosions were going off in every direction.

"Oh!" Rip cried as the ship crackles and sparks went flying everywhere. "We're gonna need to find a safe place to settle down, Gideon."

"I don't believe there are any safe places, Captain." Gideon replies. The sky continued to light up with explosions.

"Are we over London yet?" Stein asks.

"What's left of it," Rip replies sullenly.

"Why is London shooting at us?" Jax asks, throwing his hands up in the air.

"It's Savages forces that are doing the shooting. Here is 2166, they've subjugated most of the globe," Rip explains and then the ship gets struck again.

"Maybe picking up here wasn't the brightest idea," Sara said, stating the obvious.

"Unfortunately, we no longer have the luxury of blindly searching for Savage through history," Stein replies.

"Indeed," Rip confirms. "We have to target Savage at the time and place that we're certain he will be, which is--"

"Right before he wastes your family." Mick finishes for Rip.

Everyone on the team looks at Mick with an are you serious right now expression.

"What?" He asks, confused.

"Yes, Mr. Rory. Savage will kill my wife and son in three days time, but we can save them and the world by stopping Savage now," Rip says with confidence.

The ship twists and turns sharply and I inhale sharply when the metal seat belt digs into my wound. Leonard looks at me, with his normal "Captain Cold" expression but I can see the worry deep in his eyes. I shrug off the pain. Most of the team was groaning from hitting their heads.

"Captain, I've managed to slip beneath their artillery fire," Gideon informs us.

"Set us down on the outskirts of the city, Gideon, near the encampment of the remaining forces," Rip commands and stands up. The team and I lift in the seatbelts, most of us stiff and groaning. "We are going to need to proceed swiftly."

"I realize your family is in jeopardy, but perhaps some deliberation--" Stein starts but Rip cuts him off.

"We really don't have the time Martin!" Rip shouts, surprising Stein. "According to Gideon, Savage is going to be out in the open tonight-- vulnerable. Now in order to capture him, I require the services of--"

"Two killers, a klepto, and a pyro?" Mick summarized Sara, Leonard, himself, and me.

"Bingo." Rip said.

"I don't think you should go," Sara tells me.

"I'm fine," I smile up at her, remembering how just not that long ago, she despised me. "Really. It's time to kick Savages ass."

***

"Here we stand at the edge of history," Savage preaches. "But as tempting as it might be to celebrate our previous victories, it is only for the next and final battle that you will be remembered."

"There's no way we can grab him here," Sara murmurs. The five of us are standing in a row with other soldiers in Savage's army. We are dressed in their uniform and hold guns.

"Not with an army standing between us," Leonard replies. I stood in between them both.

"Shh," Mick shushes us. "I'm trying to listen to this guy." Rip turns his head sharply at Mick.