The Old Wild, Wild West

[Chapter 26]

I was writing in my journal when Gideon told me that we were having a team meeting on the bridge.

Halfway there I heard Rip yelling.

"Who the hell let him out of his cell!?" Rip exclaims furiously.

"Relax, Englishman. I'm on your side, but only because it helps me," Mick said holding up a finger.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sara asks.

"Since I failed to bring you in, the Time Masters want to bring me in, and this time, they're not gonna take any chances," Mick said standing in front of the group who had gathered around the console."I'm just trying to give you a warning here so I don't end up dead."

"Meaning?" Stein inquires.

"They're called the Hunters, mercenaries, and unlike me, there isn't a human part left in them."

"So they want to lock us all up in the Vanishing Point?" Ray questioned.

"Which is what?" I asked. I was behind on a few team meetings.

"Well...it's a point that's all but vanished in time. It's actually outside of time if I were to-" Rip began explaining but Leonard interrupted him.

"It's their base of operations," Snart told me. I nod in understanding but notice that he had a bruise on his cheek. I raise my eyebrows questioningly but he signaled to me to not worry about it.

"Okay carry on," I say, putting my feet up on the console.

"Wait but-" Jax started.

"I swear if one more person interrupts me" Mick growls angrily.

"I'll ask after or maybe never. Wasn't that important..." Jax murmurs quietly.

"The Hunters do one thing: kill, whenever, wherever, and they'll stop at nothing until every single one of us is erased from the face of history," Mick finally finishes.

"Do you have any suggestions as to how we might outsmart them, Mr. Rory?" Rip asks.

"Run," Mick stated storming away towards the kitchen going to have one last beer in case he died soon.

I laugh. "Welp, so much for making our place in history as Legends," I say and everyone glares at me.

***

"Aah! It's been quite a while since I time-jumped far enough to experience side effects. Fond memories," Rip said, jumping up from his seat.

"I can't feel my face," Jax said.

"Fine feel I," Leonard said before looking confused.

"Linguistic dysplasia, that should pass shortly," Rip explained.

"Better it now," Leonard says.

"Am I the only one who can't feel their face," Jax asked worriedly.

"I can't feel my... I better not say," Ray said, grabbing in-between his legs.

"Mr. Rory appears unaffected," Stein mutters.

"What's going on? We time-jump?" Mick asked confused.

"Yeah, we time-jumped. But 'where to?' is the better question," I say standing up from my seat next to Mick.

"The town of Salvation, the Dakota territory, 1871," Rip explains.

"I can't believe it... the Old West," Ray said excitedly.