The Past is Supposed to be in the Past... So Why is it Haunting Me?

[Chapter Four]

(The little girl in the top left is Emmy, the older girl in the top right is Isabelle, and the boy on the bottom is Jay Jay. The Light Family)

During the time jump, I'm pretty sure I passed out because at first, I couldn't see or sense anything.

Then it was like a rush. I'm me but I'm me from 58 years ago. I'm being held across from my brother and sister, being held by two burly men and my hands bound behind my back with chains made of Rhodium. The only thing that weakens and harms me and my family.

Like I said before, I'm not human. Neither is my brother and sister. We don't know what we are or where we come from. All we know is that we control the elements of Earth and that we only have each other.

My brother and sister are also bound and helpless. These humans we have tried to live in peace with, but the men were afraid of us and our powers, and how they cannot control us. We've never bothered them but the entire time, they've been plotting how to destroy us.

And they've found our weakness.

My arms burn from where the rhodium chains touch me and my powers are deprived of energy. My brother has a knife to his throat and I can guess... it's rhodium. The villagers liked me least of all because of my snappy attitude, anger issues, and lack of control, so why don't I have a knife to my throat?

Jayden's skin glows red where the knife perches on his throat and poor little Emily's face is pale white from fear. I fight to get free and I get hit against the head. One of the men standing behind me grabs my hair and forces me to lock eyes with my brother.

Instead of having beautiful violet eyes, his eyes are pale and silver. A tear escapes from my eyes as I watch my truely beautiful brother be in unbelievable pain. I can also sense Emmy growing weaker by the second.

Since Emmy is the youngest and smallest of us, she isn't as tolerable to pain as we are. Her head sags and one of the men kick her legs out from under her, making her fall. I scream in anger and hatred as I lunge in Emmy's direction, only to have another chain of rhodium be looped around my neck to hold me back.

Tears are now spilling uncontrollably as the whole events go out in play once again in my mind. The leader calls out to the gathering crowd and tells everyone that he is saving Earth and their kind by ridding it of our filth.

The entire village is watching as Jay Jay and Emmy were forced to their feet, both with knives to their throats. Why are they killing them first? They should kill me and leave them alone! I want to cry out but the pain in my throat is unbearable.

Jay Jay continued staring at me and just as the man behind him was about to slit his throat with the knife, he called out something that has been haunting me to this day.

"Ridică-te, stai puternic și privește în față," Jayden called just as his and Emmy's throats were slit.

"EMMY! JAY JAY! NO!" I screamed, the pain whelling up inside of me. I'm so angry and upset. They murdered my only family. And they made me watch.

I can tell I'm heating up because the chains start melting off of me and I start sweating and I feel like I'm being burned alive.

Ridică-te, stai puternic și privește în față. These words Jay Jay told me repeats in my head over and over again, fanning my flames and making the men behind me back away from the heat radiating from my body.

Get up, stay strong and look ahead. And that's what I do. I stand as the grass around my feet catches on fire and the villagers around me run away and scream in fear. They should be afraid. They don't know what monster they've unleashed.