Seems That The Assassin Isn't Very Different From Me After All

[Chapter 12]

I walked into the bridge to find Rip, Ray, Snart, and Jax questioning what had happened. 

"We run out of gas or something?" Leonard asked.

"Chronos is still in pursuit. Weapons systems tracking," Gideon explained.

"Look, if this is your idea of trying to lose him, then..." Jax started to say before we saw two new aircrafts appear. 

"Uh-huh. The Soviet Air Force to the rescue. Now, let's see how badly Chronos wants to follow us," Rip said as we flew through the skies. 

"Wow, it's a MiG-21. No one's ever been this close to one before," Ray said and I stifle a laugh.

"Are you quoting 'Top Gun'?" Leonard asked dryly.

"Maybe," Ray said and I rolled my eyes. 

"I've got heat-seeking missiles closing at a distance of less than a mile," Gideon warned.

"Which is why I need you to cut the engines," Rip said.

"Whoa, wait, don't we need to those to land?" Jax asked.

"I said, 'Cut them', Gideon," Rip ordered.

"This sounds like a terrible idea. I love it," I said Leonard and I sat down. Of course, we sat right next to each other but, there's this slight awkwardness between us and I'm worried that the team sensed some of it.

"Missiles are now targeting something else," Gideon state.

"Chronos," Jax said with realization.

"I suggest you all strap yourselves in. It's going to be a bumpy landing," Rip explained as everyone else sat down as well and we pulled on the harness. 

"Initiating emergency landing protocol," Gideon said as I clutch the handlebars, bracing for impact.

"How's it going, Gideon?" Rip asked.

"There's not much more I can do. Elevation is 5,000. 4,000. 3,000..." Gideon counted down.

"When I said 'bumpy' I meant, prepare for a crash landing," Rip added before we slammed into the ground and we were jolted forward. 

"Good news, Captain. Despite our rough landing, the ship is still fully operational," Gideon explained while parts of the ship sparked behind me. 

"Right, because those sparks are normal," I said sarcastically.

"Welcome to the U.S.S.R," Rip said as we took off our harnesses and Stein walked in. 

"If it were up to me, they would revoke your pilot's license," Stein said.

"'They' are more than welcome to, considering I don't have one. Did you get anything on Savage from the Pentagon file?" Rip asked as Stein put the stolen file on the table. 

"It appears our friend has been quite busy since we last saw him," Stein commented.

"Svarog?" Rip asked looking at the folder that says Operation Svarog in bold letter across the top. 

"God of fire in Slavic mythology, a secret project the Soviets are working on. Considering Savage's involvement, most likely some sort of weapon," Stein explained as Ray picked up the folder and flipped through the pages, finally landing on a female. 

"Valentina Vostok. Graduated top of her physics program and then just dropped out of academia," Ray read.

"To help develop Savage's new weapon, no doubt," Stein added.