Picked Off... One By One

[Chapter 29]

"This isn't my element," Snart complains from where he stood next to a fire truck with Rip and Mick, alldisguised as firefighters.

"It's mine," Mick replies to his partner pulling out a rolled-up hose from the truck. 

"Just keep a weather eye open for the Pilgrim.Gideon calculates a 97% chance that she will attack your younger self in this exact time and place." Rip informs Mick. 

"Roll it," Mick told Rip passing him the hose. Rip walks toward the house doing what the Arsonist has instructed, keeping an eye out for Rory's younger self or the Pilgrim. 

"Young Rory's not in there." Sara coughed running out of the house a rag covering her mouth. 

"But we found his parents. They're dead." Jax said over the coms breathing hard. He came out of the house just after Sara. 

"Then where the hell is he?" I shout into the comms.

I whip my head around, looking everywhere for mini-Mick. I almost missed it. For a fraction of a second, I saw a reflection of the fire in the field surrounding Mick house. And that's when I saw her.

"Ray, on the edge of the field, northwest!" I yell.

I see a bright blast hit the Pilgrim and I heard Ray over the comms.

"Come with me if you want to live. I always wanted to say that." I could practically hear Ray grinning.

I roll my eyes and move back to the ship.

***

Kendra, Sara, and I were sparring in an open room to let off a little tension on our shoulders.

"You both seem calm," Kendra said, before going to attack Sara.

"What, you mean considering a temporal bounty hunter is trying to murder our younger selves?" I reply and I let them two spar instead of jumping in.

"I was going to put it a little more delicately than that, but yeah," Kendra replies, and they both pause.

"I think at some point, you just learn to live with a sword over your head," Sara says.

Sara twirls her baton and they continue sparring. But then Sara leaves her back open a Kendra hits her with her baton. I smile.

"Either you're getting better or I'm getting lazy," Sara smiles and Kendra breathlessly lets out a laugh.

"So it seems like you decided to ignore the advice from Old West you about not being with Ray," I say to Kendra.

"Ignoring her advice about Ray was your advice, remember?" Kendra recalls and I smile.

"Don't listen to my advice," I laugh.

"So did you tell him what she said?" Sara asks, grabbing her water bottle. Yeah, we caught her up with what happened in the Old West when we went to go find Granny Kendra.

"Oh, sure. 'Hey Ray, by the way, the woman I met in 1871 was me. And she told me our love was doomed to fail because your not Carter," Kendra said sarcastically.

"So that was a no?" I ask, stealing Sara's bottle from her and drinking some.

"Look, Ray and I are happy together. We should be able to enjoy that before I have to go and drop the whole doomed-love-affair thing over his head," Kendra replies and Sara steals her water bottle back from me.

"Yeah, I mean, who wants a relationship based on honesty and communication? Ugh." Sara gags and I laugh.

"Believe me. A relationship based on an ancient Egyptian curse doesn't work much better," Kendra replies.