Never Use The Ice. Ever. What Did I Do? Use The Freaking Ice!

[Chapter 15]

We pulled up to the Koshmar in a Russian delivery truck Rip was driving. We stopped at the gate.

"Identification papers," The Russian guard asked and Rip gave him a big ball of money.

"Yuri the bear sent me," Rip explained and the guard let us drive inside. Leonard and I jumped out of the truck and ran to the steel gate.

"Remember, we get Stein first," I said to Leonard.

"And if the plan fails, you'll kill him. You want my advice?" Leonard asked.

"No, but I'm going to get it anyway," I mutter sarcastically.

"Don't use your gun. Do it with your hands, do it while you're looking right into Stein's eyes," Leonard said and I glare at him.

"You're talking about a member of our team," I snap. "And you expect me to look in the eyes of the helpless old man and snap his neck?!"

"Isabelle, I just don't want you to forget who we're talking about," Leonard whispered and placed a hand on my cheek before running to the gate.We easily broke through the gate and stole a table with wheels. Leonard helped me up and I laid on the table and Leonard covered me with a white sheet.

"So how's to feel to be dead?" Leonard asked and I swear he could hear my eyes roll.

"Take the next left," I reply annoyed.

"You can't be down here, comrade," A guard said as Leonard turned the corner.

"I was ordered to take this corpse to the incinerator," Leonard explained and the guard went to take a look.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Dr. Vostok used him for one of her smallpox weapons trials. Highly contagious," Leonard explained and looked past the guard to see a tortured Ray andMick being taken back to their cell.

"All right, this duct should take us to solitary," I explained, getting out from under the blanket after the guard had passed. "We got to get Stein..." I start to say but Leonard cut me off.

"Yeah, I'm not going," Leonard said.

"What? That was the plan," I said confused.

"That's Rip's plan. My priority is Mick. Are you so set on doing what you are told, acting like a soulless monster, that you've forgotten that he's important to me?" Leonard snapped and I looked at him shocked and hurt.Leonard went to say something but I held up my hand to stop him.

"I get that you and Mick are close and I haven't forgotten that he's important to you. If you just let me finish, you would know that I wanted to help you save Mick first. But now, good luck getting him by yourself. The soulless monster will go find Stein and possibly have to kill him," I snapped, my eyes flashing light blue and I feel myself growing colder.

I jump up into the duct and crawl through the duct, fuming. Finally, I stopped and punched the metal angrily. How could I have thought that they have changed? That someone could finally trust me to do the right thing? That I'm more than just a murderer. The metal under my hand started frosting over and I raise my hand startled.

"Alright, Isabelle breathe, forget any emotional attachments, breathe. You can't lose it now. Not over some stupid crush," I muttered to myself and I opened my eyes and the ice slightly faded. But my eyes didn't change. I guess that's better than nothing.

"Alright, Stein, where are you?" I muttered and heard movement underneath me.

"You mentioned the Quantum Splicer earlier, Professor. Your friends are counting on you to make the right decision," Dr. Vostok said as they walked underneath me.