Things Are Never As They Seem

[Chapter 25]

*on the jumpship*

"Who are you!?" Perdegaton snapped at me.

"An unwilling savior," I say monotone.

"Damnit Isabelle, go back to the Waverider," Rip told me. "I can't. You told me to protect those who need my help. For some reason, this kid counts," I said crossing her arms. "You should choose your words more carefully next time."

"I take it back then," Rip snapped. I sit down in the chair next to Rip. "Hmm... sorry no, it doesn't work that way.

"You're not going to change my mind," Rip told her.

"Wanna bet?" I say, turning around to face Per Degaton.

"Do you know who I am? My father is going to-" The kid began.

"Hear about this? Yeah I'm sure you can't wait to run to Daddy about this," I reply. "Now zip it. The grown-ups are talking.

"Rip, he's a kid. He lost his mother. When I lost my siblings I was lost, alone, and extremely furious. But most of all, I was scared. I had no one by my side to help me through this and I turned into a monster. But inside I was just alone and sad and afraid. I never wanted to love again but I also wanted others to feel my pain." I explain.

"What is your point, Isabelle?" Rip asks.

"My point is this kid feels alone and he has an immortal jackass as his teacher! He needs someone better that will help him greave and then help him move on peacefully," I say and then turn to Per Degaton.

"I know you miss your mom. And I know you probably blame your dad. But these are the moments that you have to stick with your family. You can't let the anger inside of you consume you and you can't let Savage take advantage of you." I tell the boy.

"He would never take advantage of me! He's my friend," Per Degaton denies.

"Kid, who do you think killed your mother?

"Father said there weren't any suspects. Vandal said that she drank the poison on her own accord. He wouldn't lie to me." Perdegaton replied fiercely.

"Well of course, there weren't any suspects Per Degaton use your brain. She did drink the poison herself, but she did it to protect you. Because you were being threatened and you are still are being threatened and she thought that it would save you. A parent would do anything to save their child. Even if it meant giving their own life," I said softly.

"What are you talking about?" Perdegaton demands.

"Vandal Killed your mother. To get her spot on the board and to stand against your father. So he could get her shares, and get even more power. It's likely Savage will kill your father next and have you release the virus into the world as he wishes. Then he'll use you before he snatches your power away from you. When he's done with you, he will kill you," I told the boy.

"Vandal wouldn't do that. He loves me" Perdegaton denied and Rip let out a dark chuckle.

"I'm sorry kid but he doesn't. He's going to use you until your used to him has run out. Then, he will betray you." I told him kindly.

"No. No, he wouldn't." Perdegaton denied.

"Do you really think Savage is too weak to kill someone for his own gain?" I questioned. Perdegaton frowned.

"Your tutor has taught you well despite his ill intentions. What do his teachings tell you, hmm? I highly doubt they show a man of good standing" Rip inquired.