I Never Really Thought How I Would Die... and Actually Stay Dead

[Chapter 18]

Leonard and I sat in a spare compartment and played cards, trying to pass the time, when Mick walked in and threw a knife at the wall.

"I'm done!" Mick shouted annoyed.

"Don't mind him. He's still sore about having to leave 2046," Leonard muttered to me.

"I'm sore because I was recruited for my unique ability to light things on fire. And now, I'm locked in the one place where I can't light things on fire: a spaceship!" Mick snapped at him before starting to walk off.

"Where do you think you're going?" Leonard asked him, stopping him.

"Why? You gonna clock me in the head if I don't listen again?" Mick snapped.

"Actually I was the one who knocked you out, sunshine," I countered and Mick just glared at Leonard and stormed off.

"Everything okay with you two?" I asked.

"Yeah, peachy," Leonard sighed annoyed and I just roll my eyes.

"He does know that I am the one who knocked him out, right? He shouldn't be angry at you," I try to comfort him.

"I'm the one who brought him back onto the ship," Leonard explained before standing up and leaving.I sighed and tossed the cards to the floor annoyed. I watched them flutter and hit the ground softly.

***

I sat in my room, reading and rereading my old journal entries from when I was still me. When I loved life and never dreamed of hurting anyone. Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts by Rip speaking over the intercom.

"Everyone report to the main area please."

I made my way to the bridge and joined the rest of the team. I found them all watching a video.

"Systemic malfunction. I'm stranded, unable to jump. Controls unresponsive. This is Captain Eve Baxter of the timeship Acheron, requesting critical rescue," A brunette female saidthrough a distress signal.

"And we care about this chick why?" Mick asked.

"We don't, but the Acheron's computer will contain the current intel on Savage's whereabouts," Rip explained excitedly.

"Gideon set a course for the Acheron's position in deep space," Rip ordered.

"Yes, Captain," Gideon said before we felt the ship change direction.

"Deep space? I had no idea we had the ability to explore the unknown realms of the galaxy. Astonishing," Stein said excitedly as I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms and watching.

"No. What's astonishing is that we're acting as roadside assistance for the people whose chasing us," Jax stated.

"Doesn't it seem suspicious; this distress call just happened to reach us?" Leonard added.

"How do we know it's not a trap?" Kendra asked.

"We don't, but what we do know is that Savage's trail has run cold. And unless Gideon can upload the data from the Acheron's computer..." Rip started to explain before beinginterrupted.

"I'm in," Mick said surprising everyone.

"You are?" Leonard asked confused.

"The sooner we end Savage; the sooner I get back to where I belong," Mick replied coldly.

"Prison?" Stein retorted as I chuckled.

"Any prison on Earth's better than this one, Professor," Mick replied but glared at me as I rolled my eyes.