The First Date I Ever Had... And I Raced Away From It!

[Chapter 20]

"I'm not the only one whose vision is blurry in their left eye, am I?"Martin questioned. 

"Seeing three of everything? That's normal, right? " Jax questioned squinting his eyes. 

"Yes, as I mentioned before, the effect of time travel on the human body increases with the length of each jaunt." Rip explained once again. 

"So where are we?" Sara asked. 

"Harmony Falls, Oregon. According to Captain Baxter's intel, Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet," Rip explained. 

"What the hell is Savage doing in Pleasantville?" Jax asked. 

"Murder, apparently," Rip said confused as he brought up a newspaper about a serial killer. 

"Several denizens of Harmony Falls have been brutally slain, and others have gone missing," Rip explained. 

"Huh. Kind of like Rory," Jax said, looking at Leonard with disgust. My deep indigo eyes glare at Jax. Yeah ever since my multiple interactions with rhodium, my eyes are now indigo instead of violet. Must be from the new powers or something.

"Reports are vague, but it seems like the killer is an expert with knives," Rip continued, trying to break the tension. 

"That sounds like Savage's MO," I stated, glaring at Jax. 

"Yeah, but serial killing isn't. Sounds pretty small-time for a guy who's had coffee with Hitler," Ray added. 

"Yeah, well, clearly we have to assume that Savage has a larger, more nefarious plan. But since we've jumped back in time, Savage isn't expecting us here," Rip explained excitedly. 

"Savage is pretty good at hiding, even in a small town, so how do you plan to find him?" Kendra asked.

"By investigating these murders. Now, there has to be a common link between the victims, starting with the first. A piano teacher was found slain in her home, which is now on the market. So Mr. Palmer and Miss. Saunders is going undercover as a couple to inspect the property," Rip explained before showing a picture of a dead male. 

"Dr. Matt Miller was found murdered on the grounds of the asylum where he worked. The sanitarium is in need of a replacement. So Dr. Stein and Sara will be going undercover thereto replace him and search for any clues," Rip explained. 

"Meanwhile, Jefferson and Isabelle is the perfect age to discern the facts behind the disappearance of three teenagers who went missing a week before these murders began," Rip finished. 

"Umm... I'm not a teenager." I point out.

"Yes but you can certainly pull off being one. In the meantime, you can keep an eye on Jax. Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't mind dealing high schoolers for the first time," Rip said and I roll my eyes.

"So Raymond and Kendra are shacking up, Sara's Nurse Ratchet and Isabelle and Jax's are the new kids in town. Where does that leave me?" Leonard asked.

"We will be going undercover as FBI agents," Rip explained and I started laughing loudly. 

"Really? Leonard an FBI Agent?" I asked laughing as the team just shook their heads and walked off to the fabrication room.