Chapter 42-Double Date

"Jungkook!! Over here!"

The said boy snaps his head in the direction of the above voice. His doe like eyes coming in sight with a certain brunette with glasses, clad in a nearly oversized hoodie, some old-fashioned jeans and Converse Highs.

If Jungkook is to be honest, he is actually surprised seeing Kim Taehyung so casual and comfy looking. Most of the time the class president is stern in clothing.

He'd always wear his complete uniform, all neat and clean, hair combed, shoes polished, nails cut and no accessories other than a simple wrist watch.

Nonetheless, Jungkook dashes across the busy road towards his now friend. So carelessly, he might have bumped into one of the vehicles if there were a bare 5 second difference but it's nothing out of the usual for him.

Taehyung, on the other side grins widely seeing the younger in front of him.

"Hey!"

"Heya Kook."

"Were you waiting since long?"

"Nah I too just came here actually, been ten..or something minutes."

And now what? They look at each other for a short while. Taking in the appearances.

He's not wearing the unruly uniform yet he looks..so like him.
Taehyung comments in his mind at the view of Jungkook wearing a plain white t-shirt, black leather jacket and Timberlands. Not forgetting a big stud earring in one ear.

It's the first time they're together outside of school. A great opportunity to get closer as friends. But maybe, it's a bit awkward initiating a conversation. After all, they usually don't talk a lot about non school or games related topics.

So they just, stand. Stand there staring at each other. Neither wanting to make the first move.

The eye contact got broken by Jungkook when Taehyung suddenly flashed a sweet smile towards him along with a wink. He notices the slight pink on the younger's cheeks which amuses him. A giggle escaping his lips.

"Aww is Jungkookie feeling flustered now? How long were you staring.."

"Shut the fuck! And don't call me that." He huffs out, turning his head away. "Is this the one you were talking about?"

"Look at you changing the topic."
Taehyung wriggles his eyebrows.

"Answer me four-eyes!!"

Taehyung was about to tease again but stops when he notices Jungkook's annoyed pouty face.

"Y-yeah, it's really underrated even if it is like THE BEST in the town."

Eyeing the place behind Taehyung, Jungkook reads out the words it's black-bordered yellow board bore in exoticly bold fancy fonts accompanied with some light flickering effects to add on to its conspicuous attributes.

"New Town Arcade."

He takes in the outerior of the place well ; a typical gaming center decorated with punky colors to make it stand out, some claw machines placed at the sides of the vacant roofed space in front of its entrance door ; before his gaze slowly falls onto a...small bag? Something that Taehyung has been holding in his hand which went unnoticed before.

But before he could proceed to inquire about it, Taehyung catches his questioning raised eyebrow. Being honest, he finds Jungkook's expression kinda funny.

"You look like you're about murder this poor bag."

The younger scoffs at that.
"Why'd you bring-"