Chapter 12-Promise

There are some warnings. Probably trigger or angst IDK.
____________________________________

It was a bright sunny day. Bird chirps, cicadas and crickets could be heard from my garden. It was a pleasant environment.

I was sitting in the living room on my couch watching my favorite cartoons on our TV, occasionally glancing at the butterflies outside through our glass door that opened to our garden.

After some time, my father came and sat with me on the couch.
"Son, I heard there was a big road accident. Switch to news channels."

"Okay father." I did as I was told to but started having a bad feeling.

I was watching the news with my father.

MAJOR ROAD ACCIDENT.
21 INJURED.
5 IN CRITICAL CONDITIONS; HAVE BEEN ADMITTED IN ICU.
REST SUFFER MINOR INJURIES.

Its horrible. I felt sorry for the victims.
My bad feeling grew bigger.

Then in the news, they were telling details about the ones seriously injured.

One after another, it was showing brief descriptions of their conditions and a photo of the victim ; not in the injured state, a normal photo.

I felt bad for them to encounter such fate but I was happy that they didn't die and doctors could save all 4 of them. This far they had showed only 4.

My feeling grew worse as it was the turn of the last one. It was shown:

YOUNG BOY SUFFERING MAJOR BRAIN INJURIES.
BRAIN IS SEVERELY DAMAGED. CHANCES OF RECOVERY ARE EXTREMELY LESS. DOCTORS DECLARE THEY HAVE NO SCOPE LEFT. PATIENT WILL DIE WITHIN A WEEK.

Then, my feeling was at its worst.
Finally, the boy's photo was shown.

No! No! This.....This can't happen.
My face grew pale and tears escaped my eyes flowing to my cheeks.

His clothes....
There are hundreds of clothes like that right ? No...it can't be you!

His shoes......
Nope. You aren't him. Anyone can afford those shoes !

His eyes......his nose.....his lips..... his eyebrows.....his ears.....his chin.....his forehead.....his eyelashes.....his cheeks....his face.
It isn't you. No it can't be. Please tell me its just your lookalike. Please tell me it isn't you.

His smile....... His expression.........
Its not hard to smile like this or make such an expression. This doesn't have to be you....No way! No no no no, you aren't him.

I was trembling. My cheeks gone red and eyes were puffy. My mind probably not working properly. I know it isn't him. I know. My father was hugging and comforting me.

And lastly my eyes fell on....that and my heartbeat stopped. I couldn't sense anything.

That...............
No ! This.....is you. This has to be you. You are him. You are the one whom I am seeing in the TV.

With 'that', I am sure its you. There no duplicate of 'that' in this world. This boy....is you.

But *voice crack* why ? *Intense crying*
Why ? Why does this have to be you ? Why you? Yo-You can't leave me like that !

Who will fulfill our promise now ? How can you break our promise like that ?
You.....*low voice*can't leave me....

My loud sobs filled the room, no, the whole house. I didn't stop crying the whole day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so much in despair, I didn't go to school. I refused to eat or drink and locked myself in my room. My family was helpless.

This continued for few days. All this time, I used to think about the times we spent together. But then, I had to act mature.

I can't be depressed for life or die of starving. I know you would hate if I stay like this. This will only give you more worries.

So, I decided to come out of the cage and continue my daily life.

I know, my daily life will actually be the same. But something would be missing. That something being hope.
You were my hope for whom I got an ambition in life. For whom I look forward to everyday that one day we'll meet again.

But I....I HAD to move over you. There was no choice.
So, I moved on for the sake of.....  my friends, my family, myself and......you.

You broke our promise but I won't. You may not be there anymore, but still I, am definitely gonna fulfill our promise. Be proud of me.

Our promise is my new hope.

______________________________________

Any guesses what is happening or who are these persons ?

This chapter is important for later.