S6 - Chapter Five: Ambush

"Stay with Judith!"

"I would love to see you try"

We finished up dinner and most of the group left the house to go do what they need to and I stood up from the table, "Boys, Help tidy up" I told my brothers, pointing at the table.

"Okay, in a moment" Miles replied and flipped the skateboard he were playing on.
"Now!" I added sternly and Miles crashed into the wall before he jumped off the skateboard.

"She hasn't even been home for half a day and she is already bossing us around" Max muttered as all three of them started clearing the table.

"No time apart is going to change the fact that I'm your sister" I stated before I frowned at Na-Ru sitting in the garden, on her own.

"You okay, Baby?" Glenn asked and I looked at him before handing him the bowls that I were holding and then smiled at him.

"I'll be back in a minute" I told him then walked away from the table and walked out into the garden to join Na-Ru.

"Hey" She greeted as soon as I stepped out and I frowned at her mood so I closed the door then sat down beside her.

"What's going on with you?" I asked her.
"I'm so glad you are home" She said and I chuckled softly before nodding my head.
"So am I" I replied and she shook her head.

"No, I'm so glad you are home. I had no idea what I was doing" She said and I frowned slightly confused now, "I tried to take your place while you were gone and I couldn't do it.
I was not made in any way to be a mother and I couldn't even get them under control" She explained and I scoffed amused.

"I'm sure they were just worried about me"
I stated and she nodded her head.

"We all were but Malia, I've seen the way you are with them and how they listen to you. If I didn't birth you, I would think that you were their mother" She carried on ranting.

"I'm not even old enough to be their mother, Na-Ru" I stated and she sighed deeply.

"I'm so sorry for leaving" She apologised and I moved forwards but stopped when I kicked something over so I looked down to a couple of empty beer bottles on the floor.

Now, that explains her current mood.

"Maybe we should put you to rest" I told her standing up then didn't even give her time to refuse as I gently pulled her to her feet.

"I don't need to rest, I just need to just tell how you, I mean how much I am sorry" She replied mixing up her words and I nodded, just agreeing before walking her to the door.

Na-Ru giggled as she fell against me and I steadied myself so we wouldn't fall when the back door opened on it's own.

"Is she okay?" Max asked holding the door, having been the one to open it.

"She just enjoyed a little one too many beers" I replied and she nodded a little too fast before Max helped me with bringing in the drunk woman.

It took ten minutes to get Na-Ru into her bed but we finally got her shoes off and tucked her in before leaving her to sleep.

"Why would she drink so much?" Max asked.
"I think she might be feeling alone and a little worthless, that's only judging by the way she were talking earlier" I explained before I wrapped an arm around his shoulder.