S6 - Chapter Eleven: New Beginning

"I hate not being able to help"

"I'm going to love you forever"

"I guess we just did"

It has been roughly two months since the attack on Alexandria and everything is slowly getting back to normal but I'm just not liking being stuck inside this damn house.

I have been watching from the windows or front porch as the town's people help our group fix up the community.

They have even expanded the walls, I don't know how they managed to do that with the constant fight with walkers but they all did it.

I'm still using the wheelchair but I try not to use it too much. Chase has been coming over to the house and helping me with walking again.

Kind of like physio therapy. Chase says it because my body is going through slight trauma of what happened.

I try and walk around the house for at least ten minutes a day but I need the wheelchair most days and I have been banned from helping with the rebuild which is quite frustrating.

"Good morning, Babe" Glenn greeted coming into the kitchen and then he did a double take at me when he realised, "How did you get down here?" He asked pointing at me.

"I had Carl bring me down" I said turning in the wheelchair to face him, "And I'm not paralysed, my legs still work" I stated, rolling my eyes and his eyes widened.

"I didn't mean it like that" He replied in panic and I rolled into his legs gently, jolting him a little and he looked down at me.

"It's okay, Glenn" I assured him and he seemed to sigh in slight relief as I rolled back a little.
"Oh right. So, What are you going to be doing today?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"Chase is coming over and we going to go for a walk" I told him and he nodded, "Would you like to come with us?" I asked him.

"I would love to but I can't. I have to go to work. There is still so much to do and so I need to help" He told me, putting some water into his bottle and I nodded my head.

"I wish I can help" I said sighing defeatedly, "I hate not being able to help" I added and Glenn walked over to me then leaned his hands on the arms of my wheelchair.

"You focusing on getting better is already enough" He said and I sighed but still managed a small smile before he gave me a kiss, "Alright, I've got to go" He said, leaving the kitchen.

"Wait!" I called and he turned back to look at me, "Could you at least help me outside onto the porch before you leave?" I asked and he smiled before walking back over to me.

"Anything for my new wife" He said and I chuckled in awe, that sounds amazing on his tongue but it got me thinking.

Glenn opened the front door before returning behind the wheelchair then gently pushed me out, lifting me up a little to get me over the bottom of the door.

I took a deep breath as I took in the amazing day that seems to be ahead of us. Glenn parked me behind the railings and put the breaks on.