S6 - Chapter Fifteen: The Living Side

"I don't trust you"

"I don't like him"

"Who the f*ck is that?"

We have been on the road a little longer than I thought which doesn't surprise me because I haven't seen another community like Alexandria around the area. So, I figured Jesus' community were a little far out and I hope he is not trying to trap us.

I want to believe. No, I need to believe.

"Are we there yet?" My brother asked from the back of the RV, having just woke up from his nap. I stood up and made my way towards him, feeling a little concerned for his health.

"Not yet" I answered and he groaned slightly as he rubbed his face gently, "Are you okay, Maze?" I asked pressing my hand to his forehead, he were feeling slightly warm.

"I don't feel too good to be honest" He stated and I dropped my hand when a thought came to mind so in a panic, I started checking him over, "What are you doing?" He asked me, trying to push my hands away because I were trying to lift his shirt up.

"Have you been scratched or bit?" I asked and he gently pushed me away.
"No" He answered, "I have just been up for the last three nights, working late" He added.

"You need to know how to rest and say no once in awhile" I stated and he raised an eyebrow.
"I wonder where he gets that from" Miles commented and Mason looked back at him.

He did a double take when he realised who he were looking at before he looked at me, quietly asking what the hell our brother were doing here, "Don't even ask" I said and Mason sighed before falling down into the space beside Abraham then leaned back to rest some more.

"Wait stop!" Jesus yelled from behind me as he stood up and so Rick slammed on the breaks hard which caused me to face plant the floor.

"Babe!" Glenn called concerned and he reached down for me before helping me to my feet again, "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"What the hell man?!" Mason yelled annoyed, obviously upset that I had gotten hurt. It weren't too bad but I did hit the floor hard.
"I apologise but that car belongs to my people" Jesus said pointing out the front window.

I walked forwards before leaning a little to get a look, there were a car on fire and turned on it's side. Very much damaged and probably no survivors, "I have to go check it out" Jesus said moving passed me before leaving the RV.

Rick followed after and then one by one the rest of the group followed so I did too. We all made our way over to the accident and there were a few walkers stuck under or inside the car. Jesus took a moment when he saw them.

I sighed in awe as he paced a little, he turned away and placed a hand over his eyes, "There's blood over here" Miles stated pointing at the grass, not too far from the accident and Jesus dropped his hand before running over to him.

"We have to follow it" Jesus said about to run off when Rick grabbed him by the back of the shirt causing the man to look at him.
"This better not be a trap" The sheriff warned and Jesus looked slightly offended.

"Why would I risk the lives of my people to trap some strangers that I didn't think I would meet today?" He asked and I shrugged because the man does kind of have a point.