S6 - Chapter Ten: One Good Thing

(Author's Note: I apologise for the quality of the edit. I just thought it was a cute idea.)

"Half the town is gone"

"Not today"

"...Is that you?"

Aaron, Heath and Spencer enter the house, having been running from the walkers. They were tired and out of breath so they all took a moment to calm down.

"Rain?" Aaron asked upon seeing the woman on the bed and he rushed over to her side.
"What happened?" He asked looking around at the people in the room.

"She was shot" Chase stated moving from the floor after being shoved by the door when the others came into the house.

"Is she going to be okay?" Aaron asked worried and Chase nodded his head which made the man sigh in relief before he turned back to the girl, gently placing a hand on her forehead.

"Half the town is gone" Spencer stated leaning against the wall and everyone dropped their heads as exhaustion settled deep in their bones then Rick stood up from where he were sitting.

Everyone watched as he leaned over to kiss his son's head before he moved around the bed and gently grabbed Rain's hand, "I promise..." He started to speak and the brothers started to wake up and they all looked at him.

"...That I will get our town back. We have lost so much already so you both need to wake up for us" Rick said and he stood there for a moment before he turned to face the group.

"The group that was out on the road with us will understand that we have been through too much already and we are fed up with losing home after home so I'm not going to let it happen again" He said stepping forwards when he kicked something so he looked down to his machete lying on the floor. The same machete that he had given to Rain earlier today.

It must of been dropped in all the rush earlier.

So, Rick picked it up and held his machete tightly in his hand again, "Not today" He said determined before he headed to the door.

He left without a second thought and the men followed to help while the woman stayed behind to protect the patients, if needed.

My body ached and my head felt like it were on fire. I could feel my eyes moving under my eyelids before I slowly opened them.

The ceiling I were looking at were blurry for a moment before it eventually become clear.

"Fuck" I cussed quietly and immediately someone stood up, quickly coming to my side.
"Malia?" I heard Na-Ru ask before she moved away from my side and started calling for Chase to come quick.

Shortly after, a pair of footsteps came running and Chase were by my side. Immediately he were checking me over and I sighed as I pushed his hands away then slowly pulled myself to sit up.

Na-Ru puffed my pillow up then placed it behind me, "So, what's the damage, Doctor?" I asked as I shielded my eyes from the sun so Na-Ru quickly ran over and closed the blind.

"Well, you did lose a lot of blood and we wouldn't risk having someone give it to you. Not even your brothers" He explained and I nodded my head, "The bullet was very close to your spine but we managed to get it removed. Now because of this, your legs may feel like they are not apart of your body" He explained further and I looked at him concerned.