S7 - Chapter Twenty Four - Say What

"You're lying"

"As okay as I can be right now"

"Who's Negan?"

I asked the question wanting to know the man who seems to know her, the same man that made her feel horrible about something she doesn't want to say.

"Mom!" I called grabbing her attention and she sighed as she took a deep breath.
"Don't call me that" She told me and I frowned.
"I want answers" I told her and she scoffed.
"You only call me 'mom' when you want something" She replied and I sat down beside her.

"Who's Negan, Na-Ru?" I asked and she placed her head in her hands as she started to cry.
"Don't ask me that" She said shaking her head.
"Why?" I asked getting frustrated, "How does he know you?" I asked and she shook her head again.
"No, stop" She said rocking back and forwards.

"How did he know my name, mom?!" I asked her raising my voice now and she stood up then took a step forwards, "Who is he?!" I asked yelling at her now and she had her hands in her hair as she shook her head at me, "Tell me!" I yelled at her again.

"He's your father!" She yelled back, turning to face me and my heart stopped as she started sobbing, "He's your father, okay?" She repeated quieter this time as she dropped her hands and I started breathing heavily as I stared at the ground.

"You're lying" I muttered looking up at her and she sobbed even more as she shook her head at me.
"I'm not" She told me and I felt tears slipping down my own cheeks, "I'm not" She repeated and I didn't even know what to do with myself as I tried to calm down my breathing.

"Which is why you freaked out when you heard his name" I stated as calmly as I could, "And why he looked at me the way he did when he saw me at the line up" I added slowly nodding my head, "I thought it was because he couldn't believe I was alive considering the state I was in" I added taking a seat back down on the bench again. As things started to click into place and I scoffed in disbelief.

"I swear, Rain, I didn't think it was going to actually be him but then I thought, what's the chances of having someone else with that name" She replied and I scoffed again as I bit my lip, trying to process all this in my head but not one thought were straight.

"Why him?" I asked slowly standing up and she ran her top lip over her bottom lip.
"He wasn't a psychopath when I met him" She shot back and I had to take a moment to remind myself that this world does turn people into monsters.

But I will never forget him for what he did.

"I can't listen to this right now" I told her and she sighed as she slowly nodded her head as I walked away but then quickly turned around, "He murdered Abraham!" I exclaimed hurt and angry, "He almost killed my husband!" I added and she nodded her head slowly as more tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I know" She said quietly and I shook my head as I tried to process everything all at once.
"I can't breathe" I said trying to take a deep breath but I felt like I couldn't get any actual oxygen in my lungs then my chest started to feel tight.

"Malia" Na-Ru called concerned as she came closer and I shook my head as I moved away from her.
"No, I need space" I told her and she sighed in awe as she gave me those sympathy eyes.
"Lia-" She started but I didn't get to hear what she had to say because I stumbled into the house.

Everything sounded muffled as I walked through the house and my brothers stood in the living room but I walked straight passed them as they looked at me concerned, "Rain, We heard yelling, are you okay?" Mason asked but I didn't answer as I made my way to the front door, stepping over the bags then I threw open the door and walked out, "Malia!" Mason called after me but I ignored him again as I made my way down the steps then marched to the main gate.