S7 - Chapter Twenty Six - What If?

"Babe!"

"The child's crying!" I heard my brother yell from the other room and I sighed as I sat up on the sofa, having just got woken up from a nap.
"I hear him!" I called back tiredly as I tried to fix my hair and Mason walks in, holding the hand of my toddler with snacks in his other hand.

"It's alright, I've got him" He assured me as he sat down on the sofa by my feet before pulling Nayton onto his lap and started feeding him the snacks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were sleeping" Miles said coming into the room and I shook my head.
"No, it's alright. I needed to get up, I'm feeling a little cramped" I said swinging my legs around.

"Do you need help?" Max asked running to my side and I looked at him slightly surprised.
"Where did you come from?" I asked and he crossed his arms over his chest as he smirked smugly.
"Well, when a man loves a woman..." He started and I rolled my eyes as Miles threw a cushion at him.

"I think she knows all about that" Miles shot back pointing at Nayton then at my swollen stomach.
"And I wouldn't say that mom and dad's relationship was based on love" I replied standing up and Max put his hand out in which I used as my support.

"I don't know" Mason spoke up and we all looked at him, "Four children is a lot to have for a couple that doesn't love one another" He added and to say we were all surprised was an understatement.

Not because of what was said but it was who said it.

"I'm home" Glenn announced as he walked through the door and I looked over at him with a smile.
"Well, welcome home" I greeted waddling over to him and he smiled as he gave me a hug.

"Hi, Baby" He greeted with a smile and I ran my hand down the side of his smooth but dirty face.
"How was work?" Miles asked from behind me.

"Long. We managed to clear the walkers from the west wall and built it up stronger" He explained before he stepped back then bent down to kiss my bump and I chuckled in awe at that.

"That's just too sweet" Max commented while Miles fake gagged and I shook my head amused.
"Do I get to go to work with you tomorrow?" Mason asked turning on the sofa to look at Glenn.

"You can do, mate. We're going to need all the muscle we can get" Glenn stated walking over to him before he bend down and kissed Nayton's head.

"Well, that leaves Max out" Miles snarked to his twin and Max looked offended as he shoved Miles.

"Come on, boys" I complained and then chuckled in amused as the two glared at one another while cussing under their breaths and I rolled my eyes.

"Feeling left out?" Glenn asked Mason who cringed at how close Glenn was to his face.

"I'm good" Mason replied moving away from him.
"Are you sure?" Glenn teased before he moved towards him and Mason pushed him away.
"Please don't" Mason pleaded as a joke and Glenn chuckled before ruffling his hair.

"Alright, I'm gonna go shower" Glenn said walking towards me before he gave me a quick kiss.

I ran a hand over my stomach as Glenn started up the stairs only to come to a stop when I cringed in pain, crying out a little.

"What?" All four boys asked in concern as Mason jumped up with Nayton, placing him on his hip.
"I'm okay, they're just kicking" I assured them and all of them, sighed in relief.
"Don't do that" Glenn warned me as his face got his colour back and I smiled in awe at him.

"I'm sorry, go and have your shower" I told him and he nodded before he ran up the stairs.

"Oh come on" Mason whinged loudly and we all  turned our attention to him and he stood there, holding Nayton away from him as fresh sick covered his white shirt and I covered my mouth, "It's not funny" He added upon hearing us, laughing at him.