S6 - Chapter Sixteen: The Next Step

"This is going to get messy"

"..., Look at me"

Jesus ended up coming back to Alexandria to discuss the ideas we have to be able to move forwards and what will help to accommodate both communities.

Rick gathered everyone in the church as soon as we had got back, Glenn and I sat on the front bench and waited as everyone started filing into the space.

The benches soon filled with people from the original group as well as the good people from Alexandria. Morgan, being the last one to join us, closed the doors behind him then sat at the back.

Our leader stood before us with his hands on his hips while Jesus sat in a chair, off to the side of him.

"We met with the leader of hilltop today and we have come to an agreement" Rick announced and I could tell everyone had tuned in by then, "They have agreed to give us food; eggs, butter and fresh vegetables" Rick explained and I closed my eyes at the thought of cooked eggs in the morning, "But they're not just going to give it away" He added.

"What do they want?" Aaron asked from the other side and Rick looked at him for a moment.
"There is another threat but if we work together we can eliminate it" Rick announced to the group and chatter started up as people got concerned.

"What kind of threat?" Morgan asked curiously.
"They are just people" Rick replied dropping his arm, "We have dealt with people like them before and we have won. We can do it again" Rick added.
"You are thinking about killing people?" Morgan asked and I leaned forwards, resting my elbows on my knees, "These are still people" He stated.

"It's not like they are innocent" I muttered but loud enough for everyone to hear.
"We are not innocent either. What if they have the same thought to come after us?" Aaron asked.
"Which is why we need to take them out before they do" I replied and Morgan shook his head.

"This is not right" Morgan replied and I sighed as I stood up then turned to face him.

"Everything that is happening is not right" I stated and Morgan looked at me, "Do you even remember what it's like where you didn't have to survive every minute of the day?" I asked and he dropped his head, "Look, if they have control over hilltop which is only a few miles out from us then it will only be a matter of time before they find us anyway and my family is here and I'll die first before I let anyone hurt them" I explained and Rick placed a hand on my shoulder as in a way to tell me to calm down.

"Look, what happened here will not happen again" Rick added referring to the night we lost Deanna.
"We are not trapped in this. None of you are" Morgan said standing up and I sighed annoyed.

"Morgan, they are going to come back. They always do even when they die, they come back and I can't risk that and I won't" Rick said dropping his hand and I stepped to the side, crossing my arms over my chest as the church soon fell into silence.

"Looks like it's settled. This is just another threat and there will be more after that so we have to take care of it, before it comes" Rick explained as he stared Morgan right in the eye, "We will be killing them and no, not everyone has to kill but if you're going to stay then you will accept it" He added before he walked away, being the first to leave.

Rick gathered the members of our own group and I frowned at Carol wearing a blue cardigan, dressing like she is about to go to church. The last time, I saw her pray was at that church when we thought we had found Sophia and now she decides to start again.