S6 - Chapter Nineteen - Last Night On Earth

⚠️*Warning: Spoilers from Season 6 Finale*
So, please do not read if you haven't got to this part of the series yet! ⚠️

"Mason!"

"Well, Hello there"

I felt myself rocking slightly as I came to and I frowned as I took a look around. I came to realise that I were laying on a sofa in the back of an RV, a pillow supporting my head while a soft blanket were covering me. And the first thing I noticed was that it were dark outside which aroused a question.

"How long have I been out?" I asked and jumped when something moved at the corner of my eye.
"Rain" My brother Mason called and I looked over at him as I blinked to try and clear my vision.
"Mason?" I questioned and he nodded slowly.
"Don't move" He told me before disappearing and of course, I didn't listen as I pulled myself up, letting the blanket fall to my lap. I closed my eyes frowning in pain as my hand went to my head.

"What the-?" I asked no one when my hands brushed over something on the side of my head then I felt along the thing and realised there was a bandage wrapped around my entire head.

Mason came back with Chase in tow and I looked up at him as he took a seat on the sofa beside me, "Where are we going?" I asked looking around.
"Taking you to hilltop" Chase replied as he took a mini torch out and started shining it into my eyes.
"Why?" I asked pushing his hand away.
"What do you mean why?" Mason asked in disbelief, "Rain, you passed out and you hit your head pretty bad" He answered and I groaned slightly.
"What about the twins?" I asked worried and Mason sighed softly before giving me a small smile.

"They are back home, I told them to stay there and hold down the fort while we're gone" Mason replied and I slowly nodded my head then frowned,
"Also, I meant, why are you taking me to hilltop?" I asked and Chase turned me to face him.
"They have supplies that we don't have and besides, I think I need a second opinion" Chase informed me as he gently lifted the bandage to check my wound.

"What happened?" I asked and Mason scoffed.
"You tell us" He replied and I shrugged at him.
"I haven't been feeling right all day but I assumed it was because I drank too much last night" I replied and Mason rolled his eyes before looking at Chase.

"How bad is it?" Mason asked ignoring me and Chase sighed dropping his hands from my head.
"It won't stop bleeding which is another reason to get you to hilltop" Chase replied and I brought my hand to the wound, hissing slightly in pain before bringing my hand away and my fingers were coated lightly with blood, "I'm going to need to change your bandage" Chase informed me and I nodded.

"I feel fine" I replied lying as I actually felt nauseous and my skin felt like it was on fire.
"Please just stop lying" Mason told me and I gagged a little before taking deep breaths so I wouldn't throw up but that didn't work and I quickly threw the blanket off me then stood up.
"Rain" Chase and Mason called for me in concern as I rushed to the bathroom then emptied my stomach into the toilet, mostly throwing up stomach acid.

"The fever is making you throw up and I think you have a fever because your would is infected" Chase informed me as he stood above me and I moved to sit down on the floor as I looked up at him.
"How?" I asked weakly, groaning from feeling like shit and I felt my eyes closing on their own will.
"Oh no, you can't be doing that" Chase said pulling me up off the floor and my eyes snapped open.