S7 - Chapter Twenty One - Adjusting

"I'll stop when I'm dead!"

"Malia!"

"Rain. Rain. Rain!" Multiple voices called for me and I lifted my head, not having the energy anymore as Chase turned us so we were facing the group and my eyes widened as I stared at them.

There the group stood all looking at me as they all supported one person. My eyes landed on that one person and I felt my heart in my throat again, unable to breathe as the fast beating choked me.

"Glenn" I muttered out so quietly that it were like I never said anything at all.

Then, everything started to spin and I started to see two of him before his figure started to get blurry then I felt my legs give away as I fell back but never hit the floor. And everything went completely black.

I awoke again feeling softness under my body as I frowned to adjust to the lights in the room before taking a look around. I were in the infirmary house in Alexandria which means that I'm back home.

Once my eyes finally adjusted to the room lights, I slowly moved to look at the figure sitting on the chair, next to my bed and the said figure sat up upon seeing me move then gently grabbed my hand.

"Hey" Carl greeted and everything came rushing back, my heart break and the images of that night and the tears that were making their way back down my face. Sobs racking my body once again.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed and placing a hand over my eyes as I cried then I felt the bed dip beside me before a light pressure was put on my chest.
"It's going to be okay" Carl whispered and I dropped my arms before wrapping them around little sheriff.

"What happened after?" I asked and then it went quiet for a moment before Carl cleared his throat.
"We got you to hilltop and you were treated there but Mason said that you would want to wake up at home so we brought you back here" Carl explained briefly and I slowly nodded my head, not having the energy for anything more as I thought about the dream I had and Carl sat up looking down at me.

"Mason?" I said sitting up myself, "Is he okay?" I asked and Carl nodded his head, "I need to see him" I said swinging my legs off the bed.
"No, Rain. You need to rest" He told me, grabbing my shoulder and I shook my head as I looked at Carl.
"I need something to be sure right now so please let me see Mason" I said and he sighed.
"Okay but I'll bring him to you" He said and I couldn't be bothered to argue so I nodded at him.

Carl then stood up and left the house, leaving me on my own for the first time since it all happened. Images flashed of Abraham's head being split open then I heard the sickening sound of his skull cracking as the bat came down on his head again.

I flinched at my own memories, cringing as I felt shivers run up and down my spine.

"Rain" I heard my name being called and I looked up at the doctor, standing in the doorway that lead to the rest of the house and I slowly stood from the bed, "Oh my god" He exclaimed coming over before he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close.

"I'm guessing you thought I wouldn't make it?" I asked and he pulled back, looking me over.
"After you were stitched up, you seized again and your heart stopped" Chase said and I looked at him, "Rain, you died" He clarified, hugging me again.

"It doesn't matter that I'm alive because I feel I'm already dead" I muttered and Chase pulled back.
"But you're not. You survived and you did for a reason" Chase told me and I scoffed at him.
"But Abraham is dead" I stated feeling anger boil in my veins as I pushed him away, "And it's all my fault!" I yelled as I placed my hands on my head.