S6 - Chapter Nine: Touch And Go

"Rain!"

"Carl? Where's Carl?"

"So, we can't risk it"

Everything seemed to go so fast, Rick stared at his best friend in horror as she fell to the floor, not too far from where he were kneeling down, beside his son.

He eventually snapped back to reality when Mason ran passed him and picked up his sister from the ground so Rick picked up his boy.

"Get them to the infirmary!" Michonne yelled as she turned her back on them and the twins did the same, all three of them keeping the walkers away as Mason and Rick carried their loved ones, bridal style towards the building.

They finally got to the infirmary and Rosita pulled the door open fast upon seeing them coming towards the house, through the window. Denise, Eugene and Abraham all rushed to the door. The women took Carl from Rick and the father cried out for his son.

"We will do everything we can to save him" Denise assured the sheriff while pushing him back to stop him from going any further.

"And I promise that she is going to die on my watch" Abraham said gently taking Rain from her brother and he slowly nodded his head.

Abraham probably had more skills than Rosita and Denise combined. And he were so used to working in difficult situations because that is what he had been trained to do as a soldier.

So, he weren't going to let Rain die. He had come fond of the girl since the first day he met her and he promised himself that he would protect her even if she doesn't know that he is.

"Rain!" Chase yelled just coming into the room before he rushed to her side. He immediately started to get to work on saving her as soon as Abraham placed her down on the bed.

Rick and Mason couldn't do anything but watch as their loved ones were fighting for their lives.

The other three came in behind them and were gently shoving them and the two just let them before Michonne closed the door behind them.

"What's happening?" Miles asked his older brother in panic and Mason looked at him.
"We just have to wait" He told him then looked at Max and the twins both dropped their heads.

"I have never feared for Malia's life as much as I do right now" Max stated looking worried and Mason sighed before pulling his brothers into his side, hugging them like Rain would have if she were the one standing with them.

"Mason!" A voice exclaimed in panic and Mason looked up as Na-Ru came running towards them with Jellybean behind her.

"Oh my god...Max" Jellybean exclaimed in relief but the look on his face, made her heart break and Na-Ru looked over at the scene.

"Is that Malia?" Na-Ru asked pointing at the patient on the one of the two beds as people ran around it, trying to save a life.

"She got shot" Miles stated and both of their eyes widened as the boys watched on in panic so Jellybean moved to Max's side.

"How's Carl doing?" Rick asked Denise and she turned to face the father.