TᗯᗴᑎTY-ᔕᗴᐯᗴᑎ,𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝖽.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to a new chapter! Enjoy!

edited on august 6th, 2021 @ 6:16pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - GREED

"GATHER 'ROUND!" Daichi shouted as Karasuno ran towards their coach. They were about to play a game with Nekoma, so all of them had determined looks.

"Our first game today is with Nekoma. How did we do yesterday?" Ukai asked before he asked Kiyoko for some of her notes from yesterday's games.

Kiyoko gets her notebook before flipping through the pages. "This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we had two sets against them and lost both, 17-25 and 19-25." She informed, making Rei sigh in disappointment at the low scores.

"Overall, that's not bad. But I know we have more potential than that." He thinks to himself.

"Well, that just means we haven't won a set off of them yet. But if we calm down and give it all we've got; we should be able to give them a good challenge." Ukai smiled as Rei noticed him glancing over at Nekoma who were surrounding their own coach.

"Hinata and Kageyama, this is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn't it? You guys go beat them up a bit!" Ukai encouraged.

"Right!" Kageyama and Hinata shouted in unison.

TWEEEEET!

Karasuno turned around as they headed off onto the court to play. Nishinoya was on the sides while Rei was in. The black haired male felt bad because he felt like he was replacing his senior, but Nishinoya reassured him that it was fine and to give them a good beating for him.

As they wait for the whistle to blow, Rei was stretching out his muscles. He didn't want to tear something accidently. Which had happened to him before. "Nice serve, Fukunaga!" Yaku's voice broke Rei out of his thoughts as he looked towards the opposing team.

However, his eyes were more fixed on Lev who was smirking at Hinata. Rei looked over at his orange haired teammate who wasn't smirking back but instead just narrowed his eyes at the tall male on the other side of the court.

Rei had a strange feeling that Hinata was thinking back to what Lev had told him when they had bumped into him at the bathrooms. The comment never left Rei's mind either.

"Come on! Bring it!" Hinata exclaimed once everyone was ready to begin. Karasuno faced down their destined rivals with them giving them the same determination back.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

The ball was up in the air as Rei dived down to receive it. "Nice receive!" Tanaka called out, as the ball made it's way towards Kageyama who sets to Hinata and the duo do their famous quick attack, making Karasuno score a point.

"All right!"

"Damn it, that's amazing!" Rei heard Lev announce, amazed by the attack.

"Shake it off, Lev! That was close!" Yamamoto yelled to him.

"Yes sir!" Lev replied as Rei narrowed his eyes as the volleyball was served once more.

"Nice receive, Daichi!" Tanaka praised. Rei noticed Hinata run forward and jump up.

Kageyama and Hinata do their attack once more, except this time, Lev was able to read the attack as he used his height to successfully block the ball. Nekoma gains a point when the ball lands on Karasuno's side.