ᖴIᖴTY,𝗀𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗌-𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋.

A/N: Hello, readers! Another chapter is here! Enjoy!

edited on january 15th, 2022 @ 3:06am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FIFTY - GUESS-MONSTER

LEON WAS NEXT TO SERVE as he spun the ball around in his hands a few times.

"Leon-san, nice serve!"

Leon threw the ball up in the air and did a jump serve. Daichi went to receive it, but it was a bit off.

"Sorry!" He apologized.

Tanaka quickly went to cover for him. "Kageyama, get the last!" He shouted at the first-year.

Kageyama jumped up into the air as Goshiki and Tendou jumped up to block him. Tendou ended ip blocking him as he got the point for Shiratorizawa.

"Don't mind, Kageyama-kun! Don't, don't mind, Kageyama—" Hinata began.

Kageyama interrupted him as he sent a kick towards the orange haired male. Rei looked at the score.

Karasuno

03

Shiratorizawa

04

TWEEEET!

Leon did another serve as Daichi was able to receive it on time. Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata, who ended up being blocked by Tendou once more. Shiratorizawa got a point as Chiharu was late on saving the ball.

Takeda then called for a time out, which was expected.

"We're going to cut them off on the next one!" Daichi exclaimed.

"Hinata, we're going to switch things up! Get this next one!"

"Right!" Hinata agreed.

"Hey, Kageyama. What's wrong with your face?" Tanaka questioned.

"Nothing's wrong." Kageyama said as he was surrounded by an intense aura.

"You liar!"

"It's one thing when my spike gets blocked, but it pisses me off a million times more when a spike from my set-up gets blocked..." Kageyama thinks to himself in irritation.

"How is their #5 able to continue blocking like that?" Takeda asked.

"Sensei, you remember read blocking, right?" Ukai asked him.

"You see where the toss is going before jumping up to block, right?" Takeda responded.

"Yeah. "Read" in this case doesn't necessarily mean to read, but more to understand." Ukai explained. "Since you're jumping up after watching the ball, there's no danger in the toss tricking you. Their reaction will be slightly slower, but if you can cover by using three blockers, it's the most effective. We're still in the middle of practicing this ourselves."

"On the other hand, what's special about their #5's blocks are his reading and intuition. He does guess blocking. "Guess" means to presume something and he'll read the attack before the toss goes up, and then he'll jump pretty much on intuition."

"Guess?!" Hinata exclaimed.

"Of course, there will be times where his intuition is off, and he might get in the way his team's blocks and receives. This is definitely a style of blocking that doesn't work for everyone. But I think that #5 is so accurate with his guesses that it is scary. On top of that, he has a body that can react to those guesses." Ukai continued.