ᑎIᑎᗴTᗴᗴᑎ,𝖾𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇.

A/N: Hello, readers! Another chapter is here! Enjoy!

edited on march 15th, 2021 @ 3:50pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER NINETEEN - EVOLUTION

REI WATCHED FROM AFAR AS Kageyama jogs back onto the court after getting swapped back in and replacing Sugawara for the game. Rei noticed Kageyama looked as if he was having trouble saying something, which made Rei raise an eyebrow in confusion.

Kageyama gave the team a version of his smile, making Rei snicker. Hinata was the first to react as he backs away with fear. "What are you thinking?! You won't get your way!" Hinata stated as he was getting far.

"Hinata, you're running too far away!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"Shoyo, I don't think that's a scheming face... I think he's actually smiling, maybe..." Nishinoya added as Rei just snorted.

"Don't say 'maybe' Nishinoya!" Asahi panicked as well as scolded his friend as Kageyama looked irked at Hinata.

"Hinata, I'll kill you!"

Rei glanced at Daichi who looked as though he was a proud father, making Rei deadpan at him. "My teammates are on crack." He thought, unsure of what to think of his teammates right now.

Soon, Kageyama gets the volleyball to serve for the game. Rei noticed Hinata walk over to him and started having a conversation, but he couldn't hear what they were discussing about.

Rei saw Kageyama raise a fist to Hinata, but he knew that fist meant something else, knowing it was actually a hand signal that Sugawara gave to the first years to learn.

On the sidelines, Sugawara and the others watch as the game is about to begin, with Aoba Johsai's cheering squad from the stands was all that was heard so far. Sugawara then sighs tiredly, gaining the others attention.

"Don't look so amazed. I was pretty nervous." Sugawara smiled at Yamaguchi, who was the one who had a look of surprise at Sugawara letting out a sigh of relief.

"Really?"

"Of course, there were third-years that played at last year's Inter-High, so I wasn't able to play in a lot of official matches."

Sugawara smiled. "I hate to say it, but it's likely that Kageyama's had his feet on the court more than I have." He said. The others didn't reply right away.

"Despite that, Kageyama-kun was freaking out quite a bit." Rei informed, making Sugawara and Yamaguchi look over at him.

"Speaking of, the King's going right into a serve. Do you think he'll be alright?" Tsukishima asked.

They all followed his line of vision to see Kageyama holding a volleyball, as he was about to serve, but Kageyama was smiling as he held the volleyball, making Rei chuckle.

"I think he'll be fine." Rei replied.

"It sort of puts me at ease." Sugawara smiled.

"What does?" Yamaguchi asked in confusion.

"Apparently every player feels the same pride about the fact that they're going to be on the court. No matter if they're some genius or just a regular guy." Sugawara explained.

"Kageyama, just relax!" Takeda called out as Kageyama nodded.

Rei looked over and watched him take a deep breath and opened his eyes. He could tell he was focused which made him grin as he saw Oikawa gulp and shiver at the intensity Kageyama gave off.