TᕼIᖇTY,𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗎𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on august 24th, 2021 @ 2:47am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY - ILLUSIONARY HERO

REI EASILY RECEIVED THE BALL when Bokuto jumped high and spiked down the ball as it got past Kuroo. "Oh! That was awesome, Shiro!" Bokuto praised.

"Thanks." Rei said before turning to Akaashi. "That was a great toss as well, Akaashi-san." He added as Akaashi just nodded in appreciation.

It was dark out as their practice had ended hours ago. He has been hanging out with Bokuto, Kuroo, Akaashi, and Fujita for some extra practice.

As he was training with the third-years, second-year, and fellow first-year, he was surprised when he saw Tsukishima walk in and stare at them. Rei and Akaashi were the first ones to notice him as he paused their practice.

"Oya?" Akaashi and Fujita said in unison as Tsukishima blinked. Bokuto turned and saw Tsukishima as he smirked.

"Oya, Oya?"

Soon Kuroo came over and had the same grin on his face.

"Oya, Oya, oya..."

Tsukishima sighed and walked over to them. "There's something I'd like to ask you. May I?" He asked, looking mostly towards the third-years, which made the two grin.

"Sure!" They replied in unison, curious to see what Tsukishima wanted to know. Rei was interested as well.

"Thank you very much. Both of your schools are sometimes considered powerhouse schools, right?" He asked, making Kuroo and Bokuto slightly tense a little.

"Well, yeah." Kuroo replied.

"Even if you were able to make it to nationals, actually winning there would be difficult, right?" Tsukishima questioned as Tadahiro glanced at the two captains.

"But not impossible!" Bokuto exclaimed as Akaashi calmed him down.

"Now, now, let's hear him out." Akaashi informed as Rei nodded.

"This is all a big what if." He added as the two calmed down.

"I am generally curious about this. Why do you get so desperate to do all this? Volleyball is just a club, and maybe you'll get to write, "I worked really hard in my club in high school," on your resume, right?" Tsukishima asked as Rei slightly winced at his words.

"Just a club, huh? He has the same mindset as Ryu-kun... I remember he used to tell me the same thing."

Rei watched as Bokuto narrowed his eyes.

"Just a club?"

Tsukishima flinched a little as everyone watched Bokuto.

"That almost sounds like someone's name."

"Huh?" Rei thought, confused about what he said. Kuroo gasped in realization as he looked at Bokuto with surprise.

"Oh, like Mary Club?"

Akaashi, Tsukishima, Rei, and Fujita stare at the two with unimpressed looks as they continued talking.

"No wait, I guess it was "just some club."

"Aw, man! So, it doesn't sound like someone's name. Man, I was so close!"

"Damn it!"

"Would it be better if I made a retort?" Tsukishima asked Akaashi who turned to look at him.