ᖴOᖇTY-Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ,𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗒𝖾𝗋.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 28th, 2021 @ 6:33am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE - THE DESTROYER

REI WATCHED AS THE BALL that Number 16 slammed down was out making the point go to Karasuno instead. The black haired male let out a sigh of relief. "Talk about lucky..." He muttered to himself as he glanced over at the score.

Karasuno

25

Aoba Johsai

23

Karasuno had won the first set against Aoba Johsai making Rei happy. They get off the court as they grabbed their drinks as they switched sides. While switching, Hinata stopped and stared at Number 16.

"Ah, that guy from earlier there. He's starting this set." Hinata informed as Kageyama hummed.

"Since he's subbing in for Kunimi, he might be pretty quick-witted. Be careful." He said as Rei nodded in agreement.

"Something about him doesn't sit right with me. We should be on high alert." Rei added on.

Daichi soon gestured for everyone to huddle up, as Rei stood in between Kageyama and Nishinoya. "Let's stay on the groove and settle the score! We're gonna win the second set, too!" Daichi announced as his team nodded.

"Yeah!"

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Asahi was up to serve. "Asahi-san, get one! Nice serve!" Nishinoya encouraged. Asahi then threw the ball up and did a jump serve.

"Out!"

Rei blinked as the ball went out and Aoba Johsai got the first point. "Damn it! Sorry!" Asahi apologized.

"So close! You'll get the next one!" Sugawara shouted from the sides.

"Shake it off!" Nishinoya added.

"Your face looks scary!" Daichi stated.

"What'd you say?" Asahi questioned in confusion.

Rei chuckled before looking forward to see that Oikawa was now serving. He slams the ball, as Nishinoya was about to receive it but he stopped himself and ducked down.

"Out, out!" He exclaimed as he turned out to be correct, and Karasuno gets the point.

Rei could hear Oikawa groaning and grumbling in annoyance as he apologized to his teammates. Tsukishima was up to serve next.

"Tsukishima-kun, nice serve!" Rei encouraged as the blonde hits the ball and sends it over the net, it touched the net and rolled off as Iwaizumi slides down.

"Bastard!" Iwaizumi exclaimed as he saved the ball.

"Nice cover, Iwa-chan!"

Rei stood beside Nishinoya. "Who will Oikawa toss to?" He thought. "Mad Dog-chan!" Oikawa shouted out, as Rei raised an eyebrow at the obvious nickname. Oikawa tosses it over to Number 16.

"An open toss to the right?" Rei thinks to himself with shock.

"Three blockers!"

To Rei's shock, Number 16 jumped up and hit the ball, which was even more surprising considering he was sprinting towards the net. "What an insane cut shot..." Rei noted, gulping as the crowd went wild at the spike.