TᗯᗴᑎTY-ᗴIᘜᕼT,𝗍𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗈.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on august 14th, 2021 @ 3:35am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - TEMPO

REI HAD THE MONDAY AFTERNOON off from practice since the gym was being inspected, but it should be finished in time for tomorrow. Rei was walking home from school with his gym bag over his arm, yawning from how tired he was from the school day.

As he was walking, a sign caught his interest as he stopped to inspect it. "Lil'Tykes Volleyball Classroom?" Rei thinks to himself, humming in thought. He was about to walk away when he heard a voice.

"Hey, you." An elder man called out. Rei stopped and looked at him. He had short gray-white hair and a tiny beard at the bottom of his chin. Despite his age, he appeared to be well-built and athletic.

"You're from the Karasuno Volleyball Club?" He asked, gesturing to the black-haired male's gym back to which he nodded.

"Yeah." Rei replied as the elder man smirked.

"Mind helping me train a few of these brats?" He asked.

"Uh, okay." Rei responded, shrugging. He had nothing else to do for the day anyhow.

"Great, just put your bag on the ground there." He said as Rei did so. He walked over to see some kids looking at him in confusion.

"They all have to be in junior high would be my guess." Rei thought, looking over to the elder man. "Hey, I never got your name. I'm Oshiro Rei."

He grinned. "Ukai Ikkei, but you can call me Ukai Sr or whatever." He introduced himself. Rei at first nodded but then realized something.

"Hmm? Did he say Ukai? Why does that name sound familiar?" Rei wondered as his eyes widened in realization. "You're Karasuno's old coach!"

Ikkei laughed. "I see, I've earned a name for myself back at Karasuno." He stated as the black-haired male blinked.

"I thought you were in the hosptial." Rei mumbled as Ikkei scoffed.

"I got discharged. I'm fine now." He reassured him, waving him off.

"Anyway, Oshiro, was it?"

"Yeah, but just call me Shiro. I prefer it."

"What's your position?"

"I'm a libero." Rei answered, making Ikkei's eyes widen with shock as if he wasn't expecting someone like him to play libero. "But I can play setter, as well."

"Great, that's good to know." Ikkei said. "Help these kids with their spikes. I'll switch in after three rounds of spiking."

Rei walked up to a volleyball on the ground and gave it to the first kid. "Wow, so you're apart of a real team?" He questioned, looking at the black haired male in amazement. Rei chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, and we'll be going to the spring nationals, too." Rei claimed as the kids got in line.

"Whenever you're ready." Rei called out as the small boy nodded and threw up the ball as he ran forward. Rei decided not to use all of his power. These were just junior high kids after all. So he sent him a more gentler toss as he watched the kid spike it down.

"That was perfect!" He exclaimed as Ikkei nodded, his arms crossed.

"He's right. That set was perfect, even though you were holding back." He agreed as Rei blinked with shock.