TᕼIᖇTY-ᖴOᑌᖇ,𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇!

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the preliminaries! Enjoy!

edited on september 21st, 2021 @ 9:01am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR - LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

REI WAS WITH HIS TEAM in the building where the other schools were also in since it was preliminaries. He wasn't nervous, more like excited. He was leaning against the wall when his phone buzzed in his volleyball jacket. He took it out, smiling when he saw that it was only his childhood friend.

Ryu-kun:
> I heard the preliminaries were today. I wish you and your team good luck.

Rei-chan:
Thanks, Ryu-kun. <

Ryu-kun:
> I might make the effort to watch the qualifers, so don't get eliminated in the preliminaries.

Rei-chan:
We won't. My team and the seniors on it are pretty amazing. <

Rei turned his phone off and sighed. He looked up and saw Hinata. "You all right, Hinata-kun?" He asked his teammate, noticing how pale he was looking.

"H-Hinata, are you okay?" Yachi asked in concern. Rei then saw Yamaguchi shaking as well, making him worried for him.

"Yep. I'm fine. I puked on the way here, and that relieved me a bit."

"Of course, you'd feel sick after eating all those pork bowls for breakfast."

"It's normal to eat pork cutlets on game days!"

"And by "normal", you mean..."

Suddenly Kageyama went over and started yelling at the orange-haired male. "You moron! Hinata, you moron!" He exclaimed as Rei snorted.

"Is your vocabulary only limited to moron?" Rei teased as Kageyama blushed in embarrassment.

"I-I'll do my best to expand my vocabulary!" He announced as Rei snickered.

"Relax, Tobio-kun. I was just teasing you." Rei smirked as his other teammates were talking amongst themselves, but he blocked them out.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Once Karasuno was dressed in their own uniforms, with Rei proudly wearing the number thirteen in bold white lettering.

Daichi looked over to them. "The game before us is over. Let's go!" He informed, as his team nodded and followed their captain into the gymnasium.

"Yeah!"

TWEEEET!

Everyone was doing their warmups with Kageyama doing their sets as they each took a turn spiking the ball. "Your shaved head is seriously lame. Seriously, like seriously, seriously..." Rei heard a guy from the opposing team call out to Tanaka who overheard.

Tanaka then had a praying face. "I will go forth. Let us play a good game." He said as Rei smirked when he ran up and spiked the ball that Kageyama sets to him. "Take this, damn it!" He yelled as the other two players from the opposing team flinch at the power that Tanaka had.

"Thank you for that opportunity." Tanaka prayed and slightly bowed to Kageyama who just looked confused but bowed back. Someone from the opposing team recognized Rei.

"Hey, look at that guy."

"Isn't that Oshiro Rei?"

"You mean that disappearing libero that was on Jindai's team?"