TᕼIᖇTY-ᑎIᑎᗴ,𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗉𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 4th, 2021 @ 8:00am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE - THE BATTLE WITHOUT WILL POWER

"SAWAMURA-SAN!"

"Daichi!"

"Daichi!"

Everyone who was on the court surrounded Daichi in concern, as Ukai hurries over to check on him, Rei watched as Daichi sits up. "Ow..." He groaned.

"Where were you hit?" Ukai asked, as Daichi took a second to reply.

"M-My face?" Daichi replied, but seemed unsure as Takeda ran over.

"Sawamura, where are you right now?" Takeda questioned, making sure he didn't have amnesia.

"Sendai City Gymnasium." Daichi responded.

"Who are we playing right now?"

"W-WakuNan. I'm fine!"

"But it appears that you've hit your head, so go to the medical office for now."

"Right!"

Rei saw that Daichi had an unpleased expression, as Takeda then placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder. "Go confirm that you're all right. That is the fastest path back to the game." Takeda stated as Daichi's eyes soften.

"Yes, sir." He agreed.

Daichi stands up as Kiyoko was beside him. "Blood..." She pointed out, making Rei widen his eyes when he saw blood drip from Daichi's mouth.

"Did you cut your lip?" Ukai asked. However, Daichi didn't respond as Rei cringed a little when his captain spat a tooth from his mouth.

Kiyoko was tending to him, as Ukai turned to Takeda. "Sir, can I leave you to take care of the rest?" Ukai asked as Takeda nodded in reply. Rei sees Tanaka walk over to Daichi in guilt.

"D-Daichi-san... I'm sorr—" Tanaka began to apologize but Daichi interrupted him.

"Sorry, Tanaka." Daichi said, causing Tanaka to stare at him. "I saw you coming in to cover, but my body had a will of its own and plunged in. But look..."

Rei followed his gaze to see the scoreboard.

"Because of that one point you took back, we're at the 20-point mark now."

Rei watched as Daichi gave a soothing pat on Tanaka's arm, before walking away as Tanaka stayed silent.

"He's always so strong and reliable in matches. I hope Tanaka-san doesn't feel guilty the entire game." Rei thinks to himself before taking a drink from his water bottle, since they had taken a timeout since Daichi was injured.

They had to make a decision on who would replace Daichi in the game, at first it was going to be difficult until Sugawara suggested someone that came as a surprise to others.

"You're the only one we have. We're counting on you."

"Chikara! Get a grip!"

Rei watched as Ennoshita walked onto the court, he could tell that he was nervous but kept a calm look. Soon Tsukishima was walking back to his spot, but stopped to stare at Ennoshita.

"Oh, so it is you after all, Ennoshita-san." He stated, making the second-year look up at Tsukishima as Kageyama jogged over.

"Ennoshita-san, can I toss fast attacks from the get-go?" Kageyama questioned as Ennoshita nodded.