Tᗴᑎ,𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 13th, 2020 @ 10:42pm

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TEN - RIVAL

REI WATCHED AS HINATA JUMPED up to spike the ball, however he misses, making Rei quickly rush over and save the ball before it could touch the ground.

"Nice save, Shiro!" Nishinoya praised his junior.

"It's in."

"Front, front."

Rei saw Inuoka save the ball. "Nice, Inuoka." Nekoma's libero praised.

"Bring it!" A Nekoma member exclaimed as Kenma gets to the ball and receieves it. "Mizuki." He says as the ball made its way to the blue haired male. Daichi, Hinata, and Tanaka were the blockers as Rei kept his eyes on the ball.

Mizuki gets blocked, as the ball was about to touch the court, but then a Nekoma member saves it, making Rei narrow his eyes. He watched as Kenma receives the ball as Mizuki spiked it down onto Karasuno's side.

Rei dives down to save it, but it was too late. He hissed in annoyance. "Shit..." Rei mumbled as Daichi walked over and offers a hand to help him up.

"Don't mind." Daichi reassured him. Rei nodded and allowed Daichi to help him up.

"You're still straining. Your timing's slower than usual." Kageyama stated to Hinata, who nods.

Rei looked at the scoreboard.

Karasuno

13

Nekoma

17

It was also the second set, making Rei run a hand through his hair.

"Nice serve."

Kenma serves the ball, as Rei watched the volleyball like a hawk. However, he saw that the ball went to Hinata who looked as if he was having trouble on deciding if he should receive it. Rei growled.

"Hinata-kun!" Rei yelled. He gasps as the ball hit his face.

"Cover, cover." Tanaka called out as Nishinoya gets there on time and saves the ball.

"Ryu." Nishinoya calls out to Tanaka.

"All right! Asahi's not the only one who can score in a pinch." Tanaka exclaimed as he jumped up and spiked the ball, gaining a point for Karasuno.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya were fist bumping the air as Rei sweat dropped at them. Soon it was Karasuno's turn to serve to which they do as the ball made it's way across the court. Rei saw Kenma about to set, as Hinata was getting ready to block. However, Rei noticed someone dash forward, he then sees Inuoka come up from behind #2.

"He's going to spike..." Rei thought. He was about to warn Hinata, but stopped when he saw he also noticed it. Hinata managed to one touch it.

"Nice one touch!" Nishinoya yelled.

"Chance ball." Rei called out as Hinata speeds off.

Kageyama sets the ball to Hinata who spikes it down, but just barely, but Karasuno was able to gain a point.

"One more!" Rei heard Inuoka and Hinata shout in unison.

The game was continued as Mizuki scored a point for his team. Rei glanced at the score. Karasuno was at 15 with Nekoma being the lead with 18. Rei rested his hands on his hips as he saw Inuoka was about to serve. He also noticed that Kuroo takes the spot that Inuoka was.