TᗯO,𝟧:𝟢𝟢 𝖠𝖬 𝗉𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝖼𝖾.

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! The beginning is a short flashback of Rei's past with his former teammates. Enjoy!

edited on october 23rd, 2020 @ 12:48am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWO - 5:00 AM PRACTICE

(Flashback)

08-25.

That's what Rei saw when he looked at the scoreboard.

He breathed heavily as he grabbed onto his number 6 black jersey with green outlining, wiping his sweat. His team, Jindai Junior High, were playing against Hokkaido Junior High. They had won and advanced to the junior high Nationals.

He looked at the opposing team that looked crushed. He saw his teammates high fiving each other. Most importantly, he saw him in his number 9 black with blue outlining jersey on.

After telling his team that he needed to step outside, he saw his brunette friend looking at him. "Ryu-kun..." Rei muttered, stuffing his hands into his green and black volleyball jacket with 'Jindai' located on the front and back of it.

"I quit, Rei-chan..." Ryuu sobbed. "I'm quitting volleyball."

Rei looked shocked as he looked at his childhood friend. "What do you mean? I thought you wanted to play in high school."

"The lost was just too much for me to handle. My teammates knew that they would lose, and they accepted it! But I can't... I can't play volleyball anymore. I give up." Ryuu replied.

"You love volleyball, Ryu-kun! You told me you wanted to play for Johzenji next year!" Rei exclaimed.

"I just can't play anymore!" Ryuu shouted. "I lost my passion for volleyball. You can thank your teammates for that. Goodbye, Rei-chan..."

Rei could only watch as Ryuu walked away. He walked back to the locker room where his teammates were still talking. Rei clenched his fists together.

"Alright! Our next opponent is Shiratorizawa Junior High. So let's do our best at Nationals and win!" The red head captain said.

"Yes, Captain!"

They didn't even notice that their libero clenched his fists together as his bangs covered his eyes, tears streaming down his face.

(End Flashback)

REI JOLTED AWAKE AT THE sound of his alarm. He turned to turn it off and looked at the time. 4:15am. He sighed as he got up out of bed. Rei got dressed in a white t-shirt with a gray hoodie over it, black shorts, and his white tennis shoes. He placed his uniform in his volleyball bag and headed out of his house, making sure to lock his door.

He arrived at Karasuno's gym, sipping his coffee and found Kageyama and Hinata already there. "You look worn out." Kageyama pointed out.

Rei looked at him. "Didn't sleep well. Had a bad dream. Don't worry about me, Kags." He told him. Kageyama looked like he didn't believe him but nodded anyway.

"5:00 AM sure is rough." The three first years looked over to see Tanaka walking towards them as he yawned. He then held up the gym keys.

"Tanaka-san?" Hinata questioned.

"Thanks!" Kageyama said.

"What a good senpai I am. Call me Tanaka-senpai." Tanaka ordered.

"Tanaka-senpai!" Hinata and Kageyama shouted.