25 ~ New Plan

️Warning: Slight mentions of violence, abuse, paranoia and self-injury. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

*Briar*

I groaned as I woke up the next morning.

My eyes slowly opened as I saw I was in my room and took a deep breath as I rolled over to ug Chris.

I then furrowed my brows as I was met with cold sheets instead and was more awake.

Then I remembered yesterday and gasped as I sat up, looking around.

That's when a thought hit me.

No.... No no no no no....

I quickly got up and looked around when I suddenly heard noises in the kitchen, and quickly got up, looking around for a weapon.

I noticed a nearby and noticed the baseball bat I bought poking from under my bed.

The day after the case was reopened, I bought it as a precaution. Chris asked me, I just mentioned I only got it regarding some robberies nearby, which actually wasn't a complete lie since there have actually been, so he believed it.

I took the bat, and slowly exited my room, hearing more noise from the kitchen.

Oh my god, Chris, please be okay.....

I slowly approached the kitchen and then jumped out, baseball bat in front, only to meet with....

"Woah, hey....!" Chris said, holding a hand up, a plate in another. "Shit, sorry!"

I sighed with relief, lowering the bat. "You're okay..... I-I thought...."

"No, m-my bad, I..... I-I didn't want to wake you... I thought some breakfast before you wake up would help... I-I even fed Bluebell....." he said.

I let out a shaky breath as then Bluebell trotted out curiously to me.

I sighed in embarrassment, putting the bat down before rubbing my face in frustration. "I'm so sorry, Chris...."

He frowned and put the plate down, then walked over.

"Did you.... Did you think he was here?" I asked.

I pursed my lips and looked away.

"Briar, do you really think this psyhco's going to find you somehow?" He asked me.

I gulped as I held back tears. "I..... I don't know.... They're dangerous, and.... Relentless.... Their son especially...... We took every carefully planned step so that I could never be found....." I explained.

He frowned as I sniffled.

"Thing is, I-I keep getting these nightmares and.... This paranoia.....Its the same feeling I felt my first year here, even after they closed the case.... I couldn't even walk across the street to the grocery store without looking over my shoulder...." I said.

He looked sadly over at me.

"I felt safe... For so many years...... Until now, when they reopened the case.... For a split second just now, after I woke up, I.... I really thought you were in danger..... That they found me, and...." I said, feeling tears.

He then walked over and pulled me into his arms as I clung to him.

"I'm right here, Bri.... I won't let anything happen to you..... I promise...." I said. "I won't leave you...."