31 ~ Hidden Treasure

*Briar*

I took a deep breath and I raised my arms and slowly bent backwards, keeping my legs straight, and held onto my ankles, feeling relief as I felt my muscles stretch and took a slow, steady breath.

Didn't even realize how stiff I was... I guess extreme stress can do that to you....

I sighed softly as I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself, meditating a little to myself as I continued my pre-show ritual, which is mostly some acrobatic yoga and stretching before the show.

It was the first day of our European tour and so far everything is going well, but I've been completely anxious ever since I recieved news about Tony's death.

Chris has done his best to keep my mind off of this, but the anxiety keeps eating at me.

It was a day after our Belfast show, which went great, and now we were in Dublin before we were to head to London soon.

The door then opened and I looked to see Chris walk over.

He sat down by me, then laid down on the mat I was on so that he was face to face with me.

"Hey you," he said.

"Hi..." I said. "You're done with soundcheck?"

"Yeah.... Mind unstretching yourself there, Elastigirl?" he joked.

I giggled softly and pulled myself back up, shaking off a bit before sitting down next to him. He moved over and rested his head on my lap as he looked up at me and I softly combed my fingers through his hair, my other hand gently rubbing his chest.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me softly.

"I mean.... I couldn't sleep again last night..." I confessed. "I tried, but.... I kept feeling like any second the door would open and then..... I'd lose you.... You and everything else.... That I'd lose everything all over again.... Its the same in my  nightmares, too, over and over again...."

He frowned and took the hand I had over his chest in his own, his other arm wrapping around me.

I took a deep breath and pulled his hand to my lips, kissing the back of it before holding it to my chest.

"I'm so sorry...." he murmured, gently pulling me closer. "You spent so long feeling safe after you escaped everything, and then.... Then I came along...."

"No... No, Chris," I mumbled, holding his face. "This isn't your fault..... If anything, this was probably going to happen even without meeting you...."

I softly stroked his face as he relaxed into me, holding my hand.

"I promise, I will never let anything happen to you, Bri," he said.

I smiled as I continued stroking his cheek, then leaned down and softly kiss his lips.

He kissed back as we pulled back and looked at each other. His shiny brown eyes giving me a warm and happy feeling as they looked into mine.

I didn't realize I blanked out while looking into his eyes until his held my face in his hands and squished it a little, laughing a bit.

"What happened? You zoned out there, little lady," he smirked playfully, making me laugh and pull back.

"Sorry. Its just.... This is gonna sound corny, but.... Your eyes are just so beautiful, Chris...." I admitted.

"Yeah?" he asked as he got settled.

"Mhmm.... They're brown, and.... Just have this unique gold tint whenever the lights are bright... Like honey..." I said. "Its easy to get lost in them..."