5 ~ New Friends

*Briar*

I sighed as I felt myself waking up, seeing I was still on the couch.

Bluebell sat on my lap staring at me curiously.

I smiled and pet her softly, before suddenly noticing something behind her and gasped, realizing it was.... Chris....?

He was asleep at the other end of the couch, somewhat still sitting up.

I gave Bluebell a scolding look as she licked her paw as if she did nothing wrong.

"He'll have a stiff neck now no thanks to you," I scolded her in a whisper.

"Meow?" she responded, tilting her head.

I sighed and I sat up, only to realize I had his jacket over me.

I held it as I slowly sat up.

It smelled like mint.... and had a hint of cinnamon, too.... It smelled nice....

"Meeooooowwwww!!!" Bluebell suddenly shouted and I realized she moved next to Chris, making him jump and wake up.

"Bluebell!" I said as he yawned and groamed, stretching and making his back pop.

"Jeez.... What time is it?" He yawned, then realized he was still in my apartment.

I then hear the doorbell ring and it pulled me from my thoughts, making me realize it was.... Night time!?

How long did we sleep!?

"My god, it got late so fast," I said as Chris checked his phone, his eyes widening as he looked at the screen.

"20 missed calls, fuck," he groaned as I got up, thankfully my ankle wasn't hurting, and went to see who was at the door.

I opened and was surprised to see.....

"Awww, she's so freakishly tiny!!!" Vinny Mauro said excitedly. "You must be Briar Rose!!"

"Dude, calm your ass down, you're already freaking her out," Justin Morrow snapped.

"Hey, at least I didn't say something stupid like how Chris is crushing on her! OW!!" Vinny snapped as then Ryan Sitkowski smacked the back of his head.

Crushing?

"Guys, shut up!" Ricky Olson snapped before turning to me. "Briar, right? Sorry to bother you so late. We're looking for our friend, Chris. He isn't answering his phone, or at home, so we thought maybe you'd know where he is?"

"Oh, ummm..." I said, then felt a shadow tower over me and looked to see a very surprised and confused Chris stood behind me.

Everyone's jaws dropped as then looked at us both with wide eyes, as I realized what it must look like, considering we just woke up, and I felt my face heat up and go red.

"Woah.... Chris...." Vinny said.

"Well, that was fast," Ryan scoffed.

"Whoa whoa whoa wait, its not what it looks like!!" Chris quickly said, hiding me behind him, his face looking flushed and red as well.

"Well then please explain, before our minds go too far," Ricky said to him.

This is very awkward....

***

Once we all settled down and everything was cleared up and explained, I decided to order up some take out from a nearby restaurant that also serves vegan options.

"So, you are a fan?" Ryan asked me as I served them some juice.

"Yeah," I shrugged shyly. "I just didn't want to overwhelm Chris, so I just decided to act like I didn't know."