20 ~ Questions

*Briar*

It wasn't long until we were back home and settled after being on the road.

Chris and I are still deciding if we just pick one of our apartments to move in with or look for a new house. His lease ends in about 3 months so we're trying to figure things out.

To think.... Its about to be a year since we met..... Time really flies....

Right now he was at the studio while I was in my apartment, since it was my day off and I had laundry to do.

I sighed as I finished folding some shirts before looking around at my little apartment.

I sighed as I remembered how once this had almost nothing, and I spent my first few months indoors, aside from buying food.

*flashback*

"Here we are," the landlord said as he opened the door, letting us walk in. "Whoever your friend is, he already paid 3 months in advance, so you should be good for a while. Construction workers accidently built the balcony a few inches closer to the one next door compared to the other ones when this was built back in the 70's, but you'll still have your space and its sturdy. I had a stress inspection almost 2 years ago along with some remodeling."

I observed the apartment and saw it was simple.

There was already an old vintage couch and an old TV in the living room, but that was about it.

I nervously walked in and nodded. "T-Thank you...."

He looked at me worriedly as I examined everything.

"Look, kid, if.... If you're hiding or something, I know a friend, she runs a woman's shelter," he said. "Its in the next town, but its safe, and she'll make sure you're taken care of, get you some help..."

I shook her head. "N-No, I... Its okay... I'm just nervous about this step, that's all... Its been my dream to go to college, but...... Its only just been me for.... For a long time.... My friend is helping me out, is all....." I explained.

He nodded. "Okay... If you ever need any help, though, don't hesitate to ask, alright?" he asked. "My wife, Charlene, and I do what we can for our tenants."

I smiled shyly and nodded. "Thank you...."

He smiled and nodded. "Any questions, you know where my office is."

I nodded. "Thank you again.... You have no idea what this means to me...."

He smiled and nodded as he handed me the keys and stepped out, closing the door.

I took a deep breath and looked around me.

I should be safe here... I hope....

*end of flashback*

I worked some odd jobs, mostly cleaning homes and cooking stuff, before finding my way to the oddities parlor.

I had found Bluebell in some brush as a kitten in some brush behind the building not long after I moved in, abandoned and malnourished, most likely a runt, and nursed her back to health.

Since then is just been the 2 of us here, in our own little bubble....

This is my home.... My sanctuary... Am I really ready to leave this place? To live with a man who I love?

I sighed as then Bluebell pounced on the couch, near the laundry basket full of clothes I just folded, mewling as she tilted her head.

"What's say you?" I smiled. "Would you ready to leave this place?"