41 ~ Paranoid

*Briar*

I've been here for 3 days and thankfully have been showing signs of fast recovery.

However, its been hard to sleep with so much stress and fear, and Chris is no different.

He's been anxious on me getting discharged and let go, so that we can get out of here, take some time in Belfast again while things cool down.

Right now we were in the room by ourselves, Bluebell snuggled between us and fast asleep. It was already night time so everyone was back at the hotel resting and trying to figure out a plan.

The lawyers agreed to press charges on aggravated assault, attempted murder, and attempted kidnapping, as well as filing for a restraining order for me and the band against Galvin.

Only thing it, I don't know if that's going to stop him....

I looked over at Chris while he laid next to me, holding my hand in his.

"Chris...." I whispered, carefully turning towards him.

"Hm?" he murmured.

"I-I'm sorry...." I mumbled.

Chris looked over at me in confusion. "What?"

"You were all safe and.... I ruined it all," I mumbled. "I should have just left, and then you and the others wouldn't be in this situation...."

"No, stop, Briar..... Don't...." he said, holding my hand and stopping me.

He leaned over as I looked at him.

"This is not your fault whatsoever..... None of it.... Briar, you just wanted to escape a really, really bad life, and you were left with zero options...." he said.

I frowned and looked down.

"Okay, it was practically sink or swimfor you.... You did what you had to do to survive.... If you didn't, who know what he could have done to you...." he said.

I pursed my lips and looked up at him.

"I promise, I am not gonna let him get you, so long as I'm standing. Even then, I'll do whatever it takes," he said.

I gulped and looked up at him, softly stroking his cheek.

He closed his eyes and leaned into my hand as he relaxed into my touch.

At that moment, all I could do was take in the sight of him.

His smooth, alabaster skin. His soft lips. His kind brown eyes that almost looked like tiger eye stones.

He could have left me. He could have not wanted anything to do with me after finding out. Hell, he could have even turned against me and called the police or something.

Yet, here I am in his arms, him promising to keep me safe and not let the monsters from my past get me.

My god, how this man had won my broken heart..... Just when I thought I had nothing much left.... He became my everything.....

I lost both my families..... I lost my baby, who never even had a chance.... I lost the first man I ever loved..... I lost the two friends who risked their lives to help me......

I can't lose Chris, too....

"Chris..." I mumured up at him.

"Yeah?" He asked me softly.

"I.... I want us to get married now...." I said.

His eyes widen. "W-What....?"

"I know we agreed to wait, and.... I know you're still a little bit nervous about taking this step... But if.... If something happens to you-"