2 ~ Breakfast

*Chris*

I yawned as I woke up the next morning, thankfully getting a good night's sleep.

I sighed as I sat up, seeing all the boxes in the room, waiting to be unpacked.

I should get started.

I forced myself out of bed and decided to start looking for my coffee maker.

I walked towards the kitchen area and look around, sighing when I noticed AJ switched some boxes around.

"Thanks, dickhead," I scoffed as I walked out decided to check the living room.

I walk in and immediately spot the box for the kitchen and walk over, opening it when I spot something at the corner of my eye.

I look up and spotted a small white mass roaming around the empty balcony.

"What the...?" I asked myself.

I walked over and was surprised to see it was a fluffy white cat.

I reached over and slid the door open, the cat letting herself in.

"Hey, you..." I said with a small confused smile, the cat staring up at me with bright blue eyes.

The cat meowed curiously up at me as it let me pick it up, holding her in my arms, where she started to purr.

"Now where did you come from?" I asked, checking her purple heart shaped name tag on her collar.

Bluebell

I then looked over next door at the balcony, which was decorated with different plants and flowers, a rustic little metal bench and wooden trunk serving as a table, both balconies oddly very close to each other, and realized she was Briar's cat.

"Huh... I'm guessing you wanted to meet the new neighbor, didn't you?" I chuckled, petting behind her ears, making her release a pleased meow as she purred. "Come on, let's get you home to your momma before she starts to worry, shall we?"

I carry Bluebell carefully in my arms and walked back inside, and then stepped out, heading next door to Briar's apartment, and knocked on the door.

It took a few seconds before she answered, and seemed surprised as she looked up at me.

Poor girl has to crane her neck all the way up. Hehe.

"Hey, uh, someone wanted to pay me a little visit," I chuckled, motioning to Bluebell.

"Oh! Bluebell," she scolded as I handed her her cat. "Naughty girl. Thank you, Chris. I'm sorry for any trouble she may have caused. She's just very curious."

"Hehe, no trouble at all," I said. "I'm guessing she just wanted to meet the new stranger."

She chuckled shyly as she put Bluebell down, letting her walk back inside, then taking a deep breath as she stood there shyly, as if trying to figure out what to say next.

I guess being social isn't her strong suit. She seems awfully intimidated and shy.

Then again, I am over 6 feet tall and she barely even reaches past my stomach.

"I, uhh... I noticed you have a hell of a green thumb, by the way," I tried. "Over on your balcony."

"Oh!" She said. "Uh, yeah. I, uh, garden on my free time. Its, uhh... Its soothing."

"That's good," I nodded. "The plants are beautiful, by the way."

She blushed. "Umm, thank you."

"No problem," she said as then Bluebell came up, meowing as she started to tug at the leg of my pants with her teeth, as if trying to pull me inside.