7 ~ Propositions

*Chris*

"So, how are things with you and Briar?" Ricky asked as he sat on the couch with Jaime, Bluebell pawing at the holes on Ricky's jeans.

Today we decided to do some plans for the upcoming tour at my place since I was now officially (and finally) moved in.

I was also cat-sitting for Briar since she was working later than normal and I offered to watch Bluebell for her until she got home.

As expected, Bluebell was happily chilling and enjoying her time here

"Oh, things are great," I said. "She's been working a lot, though, since Balz has been doing inventory with some new merchandise."

"Damn. Hope she's not working too hard," Jaime said.

"Yeah, me too. She says its fine, but I can't help but worry a bit after that fall a while back," I said. "I did invite her to hang out with us after her shift at Steamy Hollows today. Should be coming in soon."

"Oh, I hope she brings the cinnamon rolls from there or so help me I'm coming after Balz with a bat," Ricky said, making us laugh.

Soon there was a knock on the door.

I walked over and opened it, Brair's little frame stood there, bundled up and covered in snow.

Aww... She looked really cold...

"Hey, quick, come in," I said ushering her inside after she shook off the snow.

"I-Its so c-cold...." she mumbled. Her nose and cheeks were pink and she shivered hard.

"I'm guessing you're still not used to it, huh?" I chuckled as I closed the door.

"Sometimes I am, b-but not when its so much snow," she said, then shivered again as she took her mittens off.

"Well come in and warm up," I said as I took her purse for her and noticed a food bag in her hand.

"I also bought some baked goods from the cafe for everyone," she said, holding up the food bag to me.

"Cool, thanks," I smiled as I took it and then helped with her jacket. "Come on, before you catch something. My blanket should be in the living room. Ricky and Jaime are here, too.

Bluebell then trotted in and meowed contently at her master as Briar let her hop into her arms.

I couldn't help but smile as I stared at Briar.

She really is pretty.... 

"Chris?" a voice spoke and I shook my head, realizing I spaced out as Briar looked up at me curiously, her beanie and gloves already off.

"Oh, uh, yeah?" I asked.

"Now you look red.... Are you okay?" she said curiously, her head tilting to the side (Bluebell doing the same).

"Oh, uhh.... Yeah, yeah, I'm okay," I said, nervously rubbing the back of my neck. "Come on in, get you warmed up. I'll get a pot started."

"Okay," she said as I escorted her in.

"Oh poor thing, you got snowed pretty bad, huh?" Ricky laughed as Briar and I walked in.

"Yeah," she chuckled as Bluebell pounced out of Briar's arms to let her sit down.

"Here," Jaime said as she draped the fleece blanket over Briar, rubbing her arms up to help get her warm.

"Thanks," she smiled as she got more comfortable. "Its really freezing out there, you'd think I'd be used to it by now."