43 ~ Honeymoon

• Los Angeles General Medical Center - Los Angeles, CA•》

"A bit strange for them to just run off when he's already stuck with us," Agent Sykes said as she and her partner walked out of the hospital.

"Well, they were free to go, nothing we could do to stop them," Agent Martin said with a shrug.

"Well, true......" Agent Sykes said, looking around the front of the hospital, deep in thought.

They decided on Agent Martin's request to check on Briar Rose Topaz and see if she had any other information, only to find out she and her friends had left town once she was discharged.

Agent Martin then looked over at Agent Skyes. "What, Snips?"

Agent Sykes scoffed, glaring at the nickname he teases her with, before rolling her eyes and answering.

"Just.... Why not leave through the front door?" Agent Sykes wondered as they stood at the front of the hospital. "I mean, they left in a hurry.... Garrett Jones is in custody with a court date, Briar Rose has a representative to stand in for her and the band...... Why just quickly packing their bags and driving out of here like hell?"

"Well, I mean, if I were shot in an airport and lived to tell the tale, I'd avoid them for a little bit, too," he said. "Plus, these guys are no strangers to travelling on the road, remember? I'm sure they can manage the drive back to Pennsylvania, right?"

"Well, yeah, but, that still doesn't answer why they had to sneak out the back. No paparazzi, no crazed fans...." she said. "Something kept them from leaving calmly....."

Agent Martin thought about it and looked around, but then heard something.

"Psst."

The agent stopped and turned around, seeing a nurse intern standing nearby with an empty wheelchair, motioning them over.

They looked at each other, before walking over to secluded smoking area.

"Can we help you?" the agent asked as the girl pulled the wheelchair behind her.

Its possible she was helping with a patient discharge before noticing them.

"S-Sorry, I just couldn't help but overhear, but, I feel you needed to know this," she said nervously.

"Yes?" Agent Sykes said.

"I was hearing from the other nurses that they heard the band members talking, and they mentioned something a stalker...." she said.

"Stalker?" Agent Martin asked.

"The band always spoke in whispers, but, then t-the shorter band member asked for my help, to get the other nurses and paramedics to help avoid a stalker they noticed was outside the hospital...." she said, then blushed and looked away. "He was.... Sweet.... I couldn't say no...."

"Is that so?" Agent Martin said, raised an eyebrow.

"Well, yes.... A-Anyway!" she stammered, composing herself. "He asked for our help to evade the stalker, who left a few hours after we snuck Miss Topaz and her friends out of the hospital......"

"Did you see the stalker by any chance?" Agent Sykes asked.

"N-No..... But I saw his car....." she said.

"Really?" Agent Martin asked.

She nodded, then pointed to a lot near the driveway. "A Black Jaguar, tinted windows,.... Looked like a really new car, but I'm not sure the exact make, but its could a rental....?"