38 ~ What Happened?

*Ryan*

Homeland Security was nearby and arrested the crazy bastard while an ambulance was called for Briar.

A few other people were treated for minor injuries, like the cops who were holding the guy down or poor bystanders who tripped and almost got trampled when they were running from the gunshot.

Briar was rushed to the closest hospital and wheeled immediately into surgery.

Justin got punched a bit, but nothing to raise any alarms, and was patched up at the scene, too. Right now he was with Shae in an examination room, making sure the baby was okay after all that chaos.

We sat in the waiting room, hoping for any news on Briar Rose.

Ricky was still trying to clean at the blood on his hands from when he helped put pressure on Briar's wound, and Vinny was a nervous wreck. AJ was on the phone with management for us while Jaime and Talitha sat with me, Jaime wiping some remaining tears from her eyes.

"I should have never bought her here...." Chris said.

"Don't," Ricky snapped. "Do not do that to yourself. "There was no way in hell this is your fault. It was that son of a bitch who wants her for himself to control and abuse, and tried to take her from us at gunpoint."

"How the hell did he even find her?" Vinny asked quietly as we got in closer to whisper, even if the waiting room was empty right now. "We were careful as fuck, and no way he would have been able to recognize her behind her masks and make up and stuff. Fuck's sake, she even had plastic surgery done in order to look completely different."

"He's right, someone must have tipped him off, o-or something, " Talitha said, confused and still shaken.

"How could this have happened?" Jaime asked.

"I-I don't know," Chris said. "Fuck, there was so much blood, what's taking the doctor so long?!"

He shot up from his chair and frantically paced around.

"Chris, you gotta calm down," Talitha urged. "You freaking out won't help Briar."

"She took that bullet for me, damn it," he said, trying to keep it together. "How could she do that!?"

Soon enough, Justin came out with Shae and approached us. Justin had his hand wrapped and held an ice pack to his face.

"What did the doctor say?" Jaime asked.

"We're fine, and the baby is fine, too," Shae assured, hand over her baby bump.

"Asshole landed some punches on me, but I'll live," Justin said, moving the ice pack and showing bruise on his cheek. "I had to get a shot too, since he fucking bit my hand and broke skin."

"He's insane. Its no wonder Briar was scared out of her fucking mind," Ricky said as Shae sat next to Vinny.

"Any news yet?" Shae asked.

"Nothing yet," Chris said. "Management is on the phone with police, but news is already spreading out that we were caught in the situation."

"Fuck," Justin muttered.

"W-We gotta get out of here," Vinny whispered frantically. "Fuck, we gotta get out of here, this is bad, this is so bad!! We gotta make a run for it!!'

"Vinny, calm the fuck down!" I snapped, grabbing his shoulder to stop him. "You losing your shit is just gonna make things worse."

Everyone looked over nervously.

"Besides, if we leave now, it looks suspicious, and Briar needs to be cleared to travel after this," Ricky said. "FBI is already involved with Homeland. If we make a run for it too soon, they'll be on to us before we even get our boarding passes back to Scranton."