4 ~ All the Rain

*Chris*

The next morning gave us a surprise snowfall so I had to bundle up. Thankfully its nothing heavy, so its safe to drive.

Once I was all dressed for the weather outside, I pulled on a beanie before grabbing my phone and wallet before walking out, just to see Briar walk out as well.

She was also bundled up for the cold weather, a jacket, sweater, scarf, boots and beanie over her head, all making her look even tinier, if that were even possible.

"Hey, good morning," I smiled.

"Good morning, Chris," she smiled, seeming a bit shy still.

I tilted my head. "You know, you don't have to be shy," I said. "Despite just meeting, we are friends now.."

She looked surprised. "R-Really?"

I looked at her confused as I shrugged. "Well, yeah... You've been really nice and all, why wouldn't I consider you as a friend?"

She nervously looked down, thinking.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"I-Its just... I don't really... Have a lot of friends...." she said.

I frowned. "Really?"

"Yeah... Like I said before, its just been me and Bluebell," She said. "I don't really socialize a lot..."

I frowned a bit as she looked embarrassed.

Maybe she really isn't the social kind of girl...

I then walked over to her, holding my hand out.

"Well, you got one now," I smiled at her.

Her bright eyes widen before she softly smiled and her tiny, gloved hand took hold of mine.

"I'm happy to hear that," she said.

I smiled and lead her towards the elevators to head down to my car.

*Briar*

Chris drove us to a cafe two streets down from my work. I haven't tried it yet, but Chris says its really great.

We got a table and ordered our coffees and food, and I nervously sat at the table while he went to get everything.

I must be dreaming... I'm sitting in a coffee shop with Chris.... THE Chris Motionless!! Who is also my neighbor!!

I must be dreaming... How does this happen to me of all people?

"Here we are," Chris's voice pulls me from my thoughts, and I look to see him holding a tray with 2 coffees in one hand, and a small basket of pastries and stuff on it. "Soy pumpkin spice for me, and caramel macciatto with almond milk for the little lady, and some sweets."

I laughed softly as I got my cup and he set everything on the table before taking a seat himself.

"Thanks again for taking me out for coffee," I smiled.

"Anytime," he smiled. "Have you come here before?"

"Not really, only to the cafe close to my job," I said. "A co-worker did mention this place to me I think."

"Cool," he said. "So, anything you want to talk about?"

I shrugged. "I don't know..." I said.

"Hmmm," he said. "Okay, well, let's just do random questions, top of your head. You can start."

Sounds simple.

"Okay," I nodded. "You first."

"Alright, uhh..." he said, then shrugged. "Favorite movie?"